Detroit Medical Center
Detroit Medical Center Detroit MI United States
1 month ago
• $10,000 Sign on Bonus, with required amount of relevant experience**
DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan is one of the nation’s largest hospitals specializing in rehabilitation medicine and research. RIM is known for its clinical expertise in spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, amputee, orthopedics and catastrophic injury care. The Institute houses the Center for Spinal Cord Injury... Recovery and the Southeastern Michigan Traumatic Brain Injury System (SEMTBIS), one of only 16 federally designated model systems of care for brain injury care and research. RIM also operates 31 outpatient sites throughout southeast Michigan specializing in sports medicine and orthopedics.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, provides oversight to the occupational therapy team. Assists department leadership in overseeing the day-to-day operations and resolving problems.
• Coordinates staff work schedules and patient care assignments to ensure timely service delivery. Follows, clarifies and enforces department policies and procedures to ensure efficient provision of occupational therapy services.
• Assumes supervisory responsibility in the absence of department leadership. Participates in the selection and evaluation of occupational therapy personnel.
• Coordinates and participates in department performance improvement activities. Serves as a clinical resource to the occupational therapy team and assists departmental staff with resolving complex cases and/or problems.
• Participates in setting and implementing goals for the occupational therapy team. Serves as a mentor to assist in professional growth and development of therapy staff. Provides in-service education and orientation programs.
• Oversees, instructs and evaluates occupational therapy staff in the application of occupational therapy principles, modalities and techniques. Assists with volunteer program, as needed.
• Functions as a role model for customer service. Assists in marketing occupational therapy services to patients, families and other health care professionals in the community.
• Serves as a clinical resource for community-based agencies, institutions and universities.
• Assists management in department functions and special projects, i.e., utilization review, quality assurance, program development and committee work.
• Conducts studies and research projects as requested.
• Performs all the duties/responsibilities of an Occupational Therapist, as required.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Occupational Therapy.
• Three to five years of progressively more responsible experience in a clinical area in order to acquire leadership skills, and skills for specialized and independent patient treatment.
• Leadership experience is strongly preferred.
• Current license to practice as an Occupational Therapist in the State of Michigan. 5. Initial certification with the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
Job: Occupational Therapy
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Detroit MI USA
Jobs in Detroit MI United States
Senior Occupational Therapist Days FT Sign on Bonus available Detroit jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.