Therma-Tru Maumee OH United States
1 month ago
As a Materials Engineering Co-op, you will work alongside our product Engineers at the Therma-Tru Innovation Center to support the New Product Development process, taking products from ideation to commercialization. In this position, you will support the development of products that will drive our company's growth as the nation's leading manufacturer of fiberglass and steel... exterior door systems, and the most preferred brand of entry doors among building professionals in the U.S. In this role, you will support the team through the processes of material selection, analysis, and full design implementation. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and apply problem solving, work on cross-functional teams and learn about the product engineering process.
• Design, implement and interpret testing for material qualification
• Experiment development and documentation based on company and industry standards
• Data manipulation and collection during engineering trials
• Implementing engineering and design changes
• Documentation of engineering and material specifications
• Independent product and component design
• Assist engineering and cross-functional teams to resolve process/quality problems
• Ability to work in a cross functional environment
• May perform duties as assigned
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program focusing on chemical engineering, material engineering, or related field from an accredited university
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Great verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of material properties for plastic, metal, and composite materials
• Self-motivated problem solver who enjoys working in a "hands-on" environment
• Self-directed and motivated for completion of projects
• Able to schedule and complete projects from start to finish
• $250/week housing stipend (must qualify)
• Co-Op Fee Reimbursement
• Work on your own projects
• Casual and fun open concept office equipped with a Ping-Pong Table
• No dress code!
• Work at a State of the Art techically advanced building with an onsite analytical and physical properties lab for material and product testing and experiemnetation
Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security (Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors/Fiberon/Larson) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs
Maumee OH USA
Jobs in Maumee OH United States
Materials Engineering Co-Op Maumee jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.