Applied Materials Santa Clara CA United States
1 month ago
Applied Materials is shaping future tech trends by turning breakthrough ideas into reality. Our expertise in materials engineering is the foundation that computers, mobile devices and flat panel displays — products touched daily by billions of people all over the world — are built on. Join us and become a part of the next wave of engineering that makes possible AI/ML, big data, autonomous... vehicles, AR/VR, IoT and more.
In the Office of the CTO, we are focused on bringing Applied Materials innovations to new and adjacent markets. Our Engineered Optics team is creating new super thin (sub micron) optical surfaces based on nanometer-sized structures on transparent substrates (known as “metasurface based optics” or “flat optics”), which manipulate light in the deep sub wavelength domain and enable previously impossible capabilities. These components will be the most fundamental change in optics in hundreds of years and could be deployed in AR/VR devices, cameras, projectors, sensors, and a host of yet to be imagined opportunities — there is endless potential.
Our dedicated and talented team is working to perfect this new technology.
If you’re an entrepreneurial-oriented, enthusiastic Process Engineer for Wet Etch and Cleans department who is willing to learn and challenge yourself in creating cutting-edge technology to revolutionize the field of optics — we want you to be a part of our team.
Design, collect data, analyze and compile reports on a variety of difficult process engineering experiments, within safety guidelines
Perform hardware characterization on a variety of difficult systems, within safety guidelines
Troubleshoot a variety of complex problems, perform Root Cause Analysis and resolve a variety of difficult process engineering issues
Generate internal and external documentation for products, presentations and technical reports
Interact with customers to resolve a variety of difficult process engineering issues/problems with limited supervision
Measure film properties and interpret data
Identify, select and work with vendors and suppliers with limited supervision
Implement new technology, products and analytical instrumentation
• Experience with Clean Single Wafer toolsets
• Wet processing and/or chemistry experience
• Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
• Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
• Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
• Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
• Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$116,000.00 - $159,500.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law
Santa Clara CA USA
Jobs in Santa Clara CA United States
Process Engineer III, Wet Etch and Clean Santa Clara jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.