Constellis Washington DC United States
1 month ago
The Range Officer ensures range safety and compliance with all USCG and USMC regulations. The Range Officer monitors all personnel while on an active range...
• Monitor range safety in accordance with USCG and USMC regulations.
• Ensure compliance with USCG Ordinance Manual, Department of the Army Pamphlet 38-563(Range Safety).
• Must be currently, or previously certified as a Range Officer in Charge or Range Safety Officer DOD facility.
• Five (5) years of DOD firing range facilitation experience, including flat ranges, shoot houses, water training tanks, fast rope/ rappel tower, and small arms weapons systems including rifle, shotgun, and pistol.
• Specific experience with the MK18, M870 SIG P229, Glock 9MM, M2HB, M240 and MK19 are preferred.
• Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs, work in extreme weather elements, and wear full protective gear weighing up to 40lbs for full workdays.
• Upon hire, will be required to become familiar with all Marine Corps and Coast Guard range safety regulations/policies to include successfully obtaining Range Safety Officer certification.
• Must possess/maintain a valid state driver license and company insurance, with no negative impacts that would prevent them from driving a government vehicle.
• Within three months must certify to drive government vehicle and trailer PQS.
• Within six months must successfully complete the SMTC Range and Weapon Simulator PQS and certifications.
• No Security Clearance required; e-QIP background check/fingerprints required.
• Must meet Lautenberg Amendment criteria to carry firearms
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
• Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
• Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
• Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
• Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
• On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
• Employee Referral Program
• Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Classroom conditions will be comparable to a typical office setting with work hours of 0700-1900 based on the training schedule, with a typical 8-hour workday. Field/Range conditions requires wearing PPE, working outside in weather during all four seasons, with prolonged periods of standing and moving while delivering training.
Must pass a standard physical examination that includes, medical history, height, weight, blood pressure, and meet required fitness standards throughout employment under the contract. Must pass pre-employment drug testing and remain drug free for the duration of the contract. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. of equipment or stock inventory and stand for period of up to 8 hours per day
Washington DC USA
Jobs in Washington DC United States
Range Safety Officer Washington jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.