Baker College Owosso MI United States
1 month ago
The newly appointed President of Baker College invites dynamic, thoughtful, and innovative individuals to join the Baker College team. The new President’s vision is ambitious, forward-thinking, and dedicated to a Student-First philosophy.
The Safety Officer provides personal, equipment, and real property security for faculty, staff, students, and visitors within an assigned area of the Baker... College campus. In addition, a Safety Officer provides escort services and basic public assistance, as needed, and performs routine security and public safety patrol duties on campus. Remains alert to emergency situations and provides first-line response and emergency management.
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
• Patrols assigned area on foot, in assigned motor vehicle, or other specialized vehicle to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
• Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
• Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
• Provides escort services for visitors, students, staff, and faculty, as necessary; provides other public assistance, such as lockout services, jump-starts, and routine information.
• Watches for and reports irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
• Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approaches suspicious persons and/or notifies police as appropriate; may confront and/or detain violators, as required, until police arrive.
• May provide safe and efficient transportation to University employees and/or visitors, as requested, using an institutional vehicle.
• Patrols and monitors assigned parking areas and/or parking garages to provide public security and assistance.
• Investigate incidents/accidents and prepare routine, standardized incident reports.
• Serves as Campus Security Authority as outlined by the Clery Act.
• Act as desk officer when necessary.
• Assist municipal, county and state police agencies when appropriate.
The full position description is available for your review online - Safety Officer
Established in 1911, Baker College is an independent non-profit college in the state of Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. Baker College believes in cultivating a culture of valuing employees and maintaining a progressive brand as an employer. They are committed to build organizational capacity through a diverse, talented, high performing and engaged workforce.
They have the honor, opportunity, and responsibility of changing lives through education and are in the business of helping people achieve their dreams. They accomplish this by taking care and pride in everything that they say and do and by having commitment to processes, procedures and personal interactions that measure up to the highest standards.
Baker College serves students through campuses located throughout Michigan and online, including the newest flagship campus in Royal Oak. Baker College is fully accredited and offers many programs in the fastest growing fields, such as business, health science, nursing, and IT with convenient scheduling and 24/7 accessibility online.
Please visit Baker College Careers Page for more information.
Our College strives to be exemplars in the practice of diversity, equity, and inclusion by working in communion with multiple levels of professional representation throughout our college system. We are committed to our initiatives to fully understand how we can advance our levels of diversity, equity, and inclusion and create a culture that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Baker College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
Please visit our DEI Page to learn more about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Baker College.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university or two years work experience, full or part time, in law enforcement, military, or security required.
• Criminal Justice or related degree preferred
• Demonstrate and maintain proficiency with firearms
• Must maintain a valid Concealed Pistol License
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license
• Must maintain certification in First Aid, CPR/AED
• Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
• Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to lift and maneuver independently up to 50 lbs
Owosso MI USA
Jobs in Owosso MI United States
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.