Perbi Cubs Accra Ghana
1 month ago
We are on a mission to create a culture of reading across Africa, leading to a continent of successful families. As a team, we value people and are committed to integrity and excellence. We thrive on innovation and creativity and this explains our flexible and fun-filled working environment.
The interplay of success, grace and glory remains evident in the execution of our tasks.
• Work Location: Perbi Cubs Office, West Legon, Accra
• Expected Start Date: Immediate
• Job Status: Permanent
• Closing Date: 14th April, 2023
We are looking for a Creative & Educational Content Manager to join our growing team in the provision of engaging and exciting books for children. This is an opportunity for candidates to join in efforts at building a solid reading culture through creative writing, beautiful illustrations and innovation.
The Creative & Educational Content Manager ensures the creation of content as well as research on resources that are of... the highest standard and quality in order to provide the best services to families. To succeed in this role, the individual must create engaging and exciting child-friendly stories of world- class standard that are circulated globally.
Content Creation, Branding & Roll-Out (35%)
• Lead in the development and design of an engaging short-term and long-term content creation plan.
• Lead the team in the development of all content for weekly activities.
• Research into relevant curricula and create exciting & engaging content for our patrons.
• Lead the creation of book quizzes for all Perbi Cubs book resources.
• Ensure that created content has appropriate Lexile levels.
• Provide leadership in the illustration, branding and roll-out of engaging and exciting content.
• Ensure that the manuscript and design elements are transformed into finished books.
• Effective utilization of project management methodologies in publishing a book – from ordering appropriate paper to getting quotes and negotiating prices on typesetting, printing, binding, etc.
• Liaise with Brand Influence & Marketing Communications team to plan campaigns and produce promotional material.
• Provide leadership in organizing and attending events related to book launches and book fairs.
• Liaise with wholesalers and retailers to stock both hardcopy and softcopy Perbi Cubs books.
Proofreading Perbi Cubs Communications (15%)
Spearhead quality control by ensuring grammatical accuracy on all Perbi Cubs’ external communications.
Team Leadership and Self Development (20%)
• Recruit, train and supervise first-class staff and set high performance standards for staff to handle.
• Play coaching and leadership roles in staff development.
• Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
• Design, delegate and monitor the overall output of content writers and illustrators.
• Develop an operations manual of best practices and systems for the business unit.
Living the Brand – 7 Ps (5%)
You must be able to uphold our company’s 7 Ps brand values of People, Integrity, Excellence, Flexibility & Fun, Innovation & Creativity, Success, and Grace & Glory in the execution of tasks.
Required Skills or Experience
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
• A minimum of ten (10) years professional experience in a related field.
• Project Management Professional certification is an added advantage.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with perfect grammatical skills.
• Proven leadership, team-building and customer service experience.
• Good collaboration skills in working with creative and remote teams.
• Resilient and good critical thinking skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
• Ability to relate to people at all levels effectively.
• Ability to work under pressure and plan personal workload effectively.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office suite and Google Sheets.
How To Apply
Send a one page cover letter and CV to [email protected]
• Use this caption as the subject of your email “Creative & Educational Content Manager”.
• Application Deadline: Friday, 14th April, 2023
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Creative & Educational Content Manager Accra jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.