Colliers Engineering & Design
Colliers Engineering & Design Philadelphia PA United States
1 month ago
Bergmann, an affiliate of Colliers Engineering and Design, is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join the Buildings MEP group in our Conshohocken or Philadelphia, PA office. One may also sit out of Tampa, Orlando or Jacksonville, FL...
The ideal candidate will have 6-10+ years of experience in Mechanical Design for Buildings.
The Mechanical Engineer will work alongside engineers and architects as part of a design team applying mechanical engineering principles towards the successful design of low to mid-rise new construction projects, as well as evaluating existing buildings for renovations or reuse.
The following duties are typical of a mechanical engineer, but are not all encompassing:
• Create and assess project designs
• Perform engineering calculations with software, spreadsheets, and hand calculations
• Create and review mechanical design plans, models and details in Revit and AutoCAD
• Select equipment and write specifications
• Perform site visits, make observations of ongoing construction progress, and survey the mechanical components of existing buildings
• Coordinate with architects (internal and external), owners, and other engineering disciplines
• Review shop drawings and respond to RFI’s
• Perform quality control related tasks
• Preparation of proposals, such as budgeting hours or expectations for deliverables
• Provide training and guidance to other disciplines, staff members and junior engineers
• Be responsive to others and share information and new ideas to improve processes and help achieve company and project goals; listen and engage in productive and critical debate
• Attend training seminars and presentations by professional organizations to further engineering knowledge and develop business skills
• 6-10+ years of experience
• BS Degree
• Preferred to be licensed
• Required to be technical in their field, commercial, office buildings, hotels, multi-family dwellings
• Good communication skills
What We Offer
At Bergmann, an affilaite of Colliers Engineering & Design, our people are our most important resource. That’s why we are committed to providing all our employees with a safe, comfortable work environment, potential for career advancement, and the ability to impact society through their projects as well as Company sponsored activities.
This dedication begins with supporting a work life balance through a generous compensation package that includes: company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid pregnancy disability leave; short- and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; a company-matched 401(k)/Roth; paid time off that includes parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses and a straight time policy that compensates exempt employees for billable hours worked in excess of 40 billable hours within a work week.
We have also created an internal culture that provides the resources and technology needed to encourage personal and professional growth opportunities through reimbursement for education; a free in-house resource for hundreds of educational and self-enrichment courses; mentorship program; wellness program; Women’s Organization and ongoing philanthropic opportunities.
Apply today to learn how you can join our team of professionals, so we can help you Accelerate Your Success
Philadelphia PA USA
Jobs in Philadelphia PA United States
Mechanical Engineer Philadelphia jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.