Hiscox Madrid Spain
1 month ago
As the Claims HANDLER you will deliver a high quality service to the Hiscox clients and their brokers; whilst maintaining and enhancing the Hiscox reputation for its claims handling service. The role will imply managing a low value and low complexity portfolio of claims assessing the size of the claim, its potential severity and dealing with same in a proactive manner. The emphasis is on providing a fast track handling claims service yet extremely customer focused, whilst managing indemnity spend.
As Claims Handler Spain you will report to the Claims Portfolio Team Coordinator.
Spain Claims Handling (80%)
• To handle a portfolio of low value and low complexity claims for Professional and Commercial products (PI, GL, material damages and others) in a proactive manner within set service levels and Hiscox Values, Philosophy and interest.
• To assess the severity of a claim and decide on the right course of action, including the... involvement/referral of experts or colleagues where required.
• To negotiate and settle claims within your authority fairly and promptly.
• To build relationships and gain confidence when handling claims from external parties such as brokers, external providers and internally.
• Being 100% customer and indemnity focused and comfortable with the Hiscox claims handling philosophy.
• Manage, handle, and respond to Insured/Broker complaints and/or queries for all claims in your portfolio.
Administrative & Management (20%)
• Becoming an expert managing the Claims Management System (CMS).
• Reviewing and cleaning the portfolio in a continues basis to avoid inactive claims and reach the closed to new ratio’s objectives.
• Identify processes and procedures to improve the her/his performance to deal with business growth/increased number of claims.
• Identify emerging issues, formulate recommendations to the Iberia Claims Manager, and develop appropriate action plans on your portfolio.
• Conduct claim file reviews / audits to ensure optimal claim handling performance of your portfolio.
• Undertake actions to ensure the overall portfolio is actively managed; diary management, review of old claims, pursuit of recoveries etc.
• Being the backup and support of the Iberia claims admin (coordinating with her holidays and days out of the office and overload).
You will ideally:
• Have a professional qualification with some experience working in an international commercial organisation.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Spanish and English are required.
• Inform about process problems and seeks way to work better with the process, suggesting practice improvements ideas for her/his own work area.
• Good customer focus: solution driven and customer oriented.
• Highly analytical with strong attention to detail in interpreting data and producing accurate analysis and high quality output.
• Have a good organizational skills and the ability to work in a methodical manner and meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to build effective working relationships, both internally and externally.
• Be creative, flexible, proactive and innovative – do not accept the status quo.
• Ideally you will have 2-3 years of relevant experience and may have worked for other companies in Spain. Insurance background and experience with other Insurance companies is preferable.
• you will be able to demonstrate an understanding of what ‘customer focus’ means on a practical day to day basis, and a desire/drive to deliver this.
• able to understand the implications for the bottom line of your actions and maintaining our Claims philosophy.
• You will ideally have experience of working in an office environment, ideally in a multinational, multi-lingual environment.
What you should be aware of
Hiscox Spain is growing very fast. We are recruiting to perform much better and give a better service to our stakeholders. Our brand is paramount for us and key to grow in Spain.
In the earlier stages of your career at Hiscox, success will be rewarded by organic growth of Spanish business and brand awareness. In the longer term you could move into a deeper role in claims as the country grows or move to other business unit, depending on the business need.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Hiscox during a time of focused growth where you will have the remit to make a real difference.
Hiscox offers an environment where you are encouraged to grow with the team and this is an exciting time to be joining this fast growing organisation. There will be plenty of opportunity for on the job career development within a supportive environment.
Low Value/Complexity Claims Handler – Temporary Madrid jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.