The American University of Kurdistan
The American University of Kurdistan Sumel Iraq
1 month ago
Job Title: Vice President for Administration and Finance
Institution: The American University of Kurdistan
Location: Duhok, Kurdistan Region, Iraq
Job Type: Full-Time
Posting Date: 06/04/2023
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: Competitive and Commensurate with experience
Founded in 2014 as a non-profit institution of higher learning by Masrour Barzani, the American University of Kurdistan is dedicated to preparing future generations of leaders through curricular and co-curricular excellence in an American-style education focusing on transformative knowledge, innovative research, ethical community service, respect for inclusion and diversity, global connectedness, and life-long learning, all aiming to ensure economic, environmental, social and political advancement- regionally, nationally and globally.
The American University of Kurdistan will be recognized as a premier institution in the Middle East and beyond by cultivating academic excellence... fostering creativity, and engaging in highest caliber of applied research.
The American University of Kurdistan invites applications for the position of Vice-President for Administration and Finance (VPAF) from persons who will provide distinguished leadership. The University is a private, not-for-profit institution committed to advancing academic excellence, expanding liberal, professional and scientific knowledge, creating a diverse and inclusive community, and preparing leaders dedicated to ethical conduct and compassionate service.
AUK envisions becoming the leading institution in the autonomous Kurdistan Region of Iraq and beyond through implementing pedagogical approaches that impact critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork and the lifelong learning skills required for success in contemporary society and workplaces.
This position reports directly to the President of the University. As the University’s chief financial officer, the VPAF is responsible for leading administration and finance in collaboration with the provost, deans, directors, division heads, faculty, and staff.
The VPAF is the University’s chief financial officer and is responsible for providing leadership in Financial and Administrative affairs of the University. The VPFA is responsible to ensure compliance with AUK’s policies and guidelines, develop professional development for Financial and Administrative personnel, direct continuous improvement, coordinate with the University’s units to develop annual budget, prepare periodical Financial and Administrative reports, and chair Administrative Council meetings. The VPAF is also responsible for the following duties:
• The VPAF is the University’s chief financial officer and is responsible for providing leadership in Financial and Administrative affairs of the University. The VPFA is responsible to ensure compliance with AUK’s policies and guidelines, develop professional development for Financial and Administrative personnel, direct continuous improvement, coordinate with the University’s units to develop annual budget, prepare periodical Financial and Administrative reports, and chair Administrative Council meetings.
• Lead and direct a team by using a collaborative approach so that they are able to direct and manage their assigned functions (e.g. Finance, HR, Procurement, Facility management, etc.) whilst ensuring compliance with AUK’s policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
• Direct the development and implementation of the Financial and Administrative policies, procedures, and controls so that all relevant procedural and legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality and cost-effective service to stakeholders.
• Provide leadership to the Finance, Information Technologies, HR, and Campus Services’ teams, and collaborate with the managers of these departments in order to build and develop their organizational capabilities.
• Serve as chief financial officer of the University to oversee the development of and approve the Financial and Administrative budgets as well as monitor the financial performance.
• Lead the finance/ accounting practices and internal control, purchasing activities, contract management, inventory control, property and facilities management, risk assessment and management, human resource management, payroll, employee benefits and security.
• Manage change through proactive initiatives and programs to maximize employees’ and respective units’ overall performance.
• Direct continuous improvement mandates through proactive and regular development of systems, processes, and practices to ensure that the Financial and Administrative Affairs’ operations are efficient and effective.
• Work with the President and Provost as a partner in strategic planning, prioritization and decision-making including endowment investment priorities, capital financing options and policy matters.
• Ensure that all reports generated by the Financial and Administrative units are prepared in a timely and accurate manner, and that they meet institutional requirements and standards.
• Chair the Administrative Council.
• Present semi-annually the financial and operational reports to the Board of Trustees.
• Represent the University externally and negotiate agreements with banks and major suppliers / service providers.
• Perform analysis aimed at identifying risk mitigation, leveraging opportunities and resourcing options that will lead to the attainment of the University mission.
• Manage the health, safety and security procedures.
• Complete any other job-related tasks as assigned by the President.
• Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum of Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, or any relevant discipline.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to prepare professional documents, in Kurdish, Arabic and English.
• Have a successful track record of leadership in a complex organization in the higher education or other sector.
• Skilled in strategic planning, implementation, and organizational change.
• Ability to act as an ambassador for AUK.
• Advanced knowledge of the local and regional higher education market.
• Experience in financial accounting and external relations in Iraq and/or the region.
It is the policy of the American University of Kurdistan to provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. The University promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace and makes recruiting decisions exclusively on the basis of qualifications, merit, and current work needs. This policy applies to all hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, remuneration, benefits, and training procedures within our Institution.
The search committee will immediately begin reviewing applications and continue until an appointment is made for interviews. Applications must be emailed to [email protected] with the position’s name in the “subject” field. To ensure full consideration, applications must include a letter of interest, analysis of qualifications, curriculum vitae that includes e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers. If you encounter any issues with the Application process, please email the previously listed email address.
Sumel Iraq (+4 others)
Vice President for Administration and Finance Sumel jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.