Ábacus Tecnologia da Informação
Ábacus Tecnologia da Informação South Africa South Africa
1 month ago
Position: Service Engineer (Mechanical & Electrical)
Areas covered: UK (Home based)
Hours: Days, 8-4:30pm
Salary: 45K Basic + Van + OT + Phone, Laptop etc
Kinetic are currently recruiting for a Multi-skilled Electro-mechanical Service Engineers, with Food/Packaging sector experience. You must have worked in a Service role previously to be considered for the role. You must be within a reasonable commute of the East Cheshire/South Manchester area as site visits will also be required.
The position of Service Engineer will consist of the following tasks and duties;
• To provide and perform field equipment support covering mechanical & electrical installations, training and routine preventative and corrective maintenance procedures on the full range of food packaging machines.
• Upon instruction from the Service Team Leader, provide practical and technical assistance to the mechanical and electrical assembly teams, including assembly work, testing and... inspection, assessment of company machines.
• Respond promptly and effectively to requests from the Service Desk to attend customer sites.
• Install and perform routine preventative and corrective electrical and mechanical maintenance on machinery to ensure customer satisfaction & minimise downtime to end client.
• Assist with customer training requirements.
• Provide technical telephone support to all customers and staff.
• Assist customers and colleagues with problems that arise offering practical and appropriate solutions.
• Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
• Submit legible and readily understood visit sheets for every visit, accounting accurately for time and mileage. These are to be received at by the service team as soon as possible and no later than within 3 working days of the visit.
• Upon instruction from the Service Team Leader, provide practical and technical assistance to the mechanical and electrical assembly teams, including assembly work, testing and inspection, assessment of machines.
To be considered for the Service Engineer, you will need to be;
• Time served or apprentice qualified in mechanical or electrical engineering.
• Competent in fault finding both electrically and mechanically.
• Food Packaging sector maintenance experience from a Service role.
• Willing to be flexible to stay overnight if the job dictates as will be covering the whole of the UK.
• Able to work well on your own & manage your own day & be IT proficient for use of laptop etc.
If you feel you are well suited to the Service Engineer position, please apply with your full updated CV. We will need at least one recent verbal reference before placing you out to work.
Kinetic plc is a Recruitment Consultancy with over 40 years of experience of delivering staffing solutions to the engineering, manufacturing and technical industries.
Kinetic plc treats all applications with a high degree of care, we review all submissions and will attempt to contact applicants who match the job profile. Those that do not meet the specification may not be contacted but their CV retained to be considered against future opportunities
Jobs in South Africa South Africa
Electro-Mechanical Service Engineer South Africa jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.