The Career Network SA
The Career Network SA South Africa South Africa
1 month ago
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
• Design of pumps and drive components and tooling for manufacture, structural analysis and calculations
• Development of new product ranges to suit business and technical applications
• Processing of Engineering Change Notices, engineering reports, and documenting of processes
• Plant investigations, recommendations, equipment upgrades
• Test equipment design, upgrades and troubleshooting of equipment
• Project definition, execution, assistance with pricing, procurement, assembly and commissioning
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Design & development of products
• Concept definition, generation of models, drawings, diagrams and layouts
• Follow product development process, conduct FMEA, cost analysis and technical evaluation
• Draw 3D models using CREO package and Windchill configuration management
• Bill of quantity compilation
• Defines critical-to-quality dimensions and features of components and products
• Generate professional technical... reports to submit to external clients
• Site visits to measure items, define technical solutions and establish proper fitment of equipment
• Define project activities and plan execution to complete project on time
• Project planning and reporting
• Selection of suitable equipment and modification of items to suit project requirements
• Sourcing of special items required in tenders, not currently part of the company's store items
• Meetings with clients to communicate progress, resolve technical problems and clarify requirements
• Guide and assist sub-contractors
• Use initiative to propose new solutions to client problems
Test equipment and testing of products
• Design verification testing, performance, structural and functional
• Evaluate test equipment suitability and throughput and define upgrades or replacement equipment
• Interpretation of test results and resolving of performance problems
Plant support and investigations
• Investigate plant technical and throughput problems, define solutions and equipment required to resolve problems
• Project management of capital equipment projects
• Investigation in optimization and cost reduction of manufacturing processes
• Assistance to quality control department
• Supplier technical investigations and supplier development
• Mechanical and electrical interface/understanding is required
• Make technical decisions
• Present and review results to a global development team
• Become a product / system specialist
• Develop company systems to improve productivity and efficiency
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned
• Bachelor degree in Engineering or a related field (required).
• Three years of related experience (preferable).
Skills and Abilities
• Discussion and negotiation with consulting engineers and other technical clients
• Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, suppliers, and other employees of the organization.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, facts, or information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Knows arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications.
• Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
• Writes routine reports and correspondence.
• Intermediate: Excel, MSWord. 3D CAD modelling, FEA analysis
Jobs in South Africa South Africa
Mechanical Engineer South Africa jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.