The Calgary Airport Authority
The Calgary Airport Authority Calgary Canada
1 month ago
We are more than just planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond our runway into the communities we serve. We are about connections, stories and life defining adventures made possible by the work we do. We are committed to fostering an environment where our people are rewarded through meaningful work experiences inspired by purpose.
The Calgary Airport Authority is made up of remarkable people committed to delivering great results. We manage and operate YYC Calgary International Airport, YBW Springbank Airport and collaborate with many partners - from airlines to customer services and government agencies to food and retail outlets. Now is an exciting time to join our crew and advance YYC as one of Canada’s best airports!
Our IT team works hard to maintain the physical technology infrastructure and operations that ensure our airport operates efficiently and effectively. Working closely with other members of the IT team, our cybersecurity team ensures the safe operation... of the Calgary airport authority’s systems.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the General Manager, Cybersecurity, the Senior IT Cybersecurity Specialist role is responsible for delivery of cybersecurity services including threat intelligence and detection and response services to all departments at the Calgary Airport Authority. In addition, the specialist shall provide cybersecurity inputs to new and existing applications and solutions based on latest cyber threat landscapes, industry best practices, and compliance against the Authority’s internal cyber policies and standards.
• Conducts log-based and endpoint-based threat detection to detect and protect against threats coming from multiple sources.
• Correlates activity across assets and environments to identify patterns of anomalous activity and unauthorized use.
• Reviews alerts and data from sensors, and documents formal, technical incident reports.
• Provides users with incident response support, including mitigating actions to contain activity and facilitating forensics analysis when necessary.
• Research emerging threats and vulnerabilities to aid in the identification of incidents.
• Participate, review, and provide cybersecurity inputs for projects that have technology components.
• Research cybersecurity materials to assist in the development of materials for all staffs at the authority, or specifically for the leadership team.
• Deploys cloud-centric detection to detect threats related to cloud environments and services used by the organization.
• Conduct periodic reviews and updates to internal cyber policies, standards, and procedures based on current cyber threat landscape and emerging technologies.
• Document new cyber policies, standards, and procedures as required based on introduction of new or change to technology stack at the authority.
• Lead the exception process at the authority; this includes review and follow-up on exceptions submitted by internal teams.
• Assist cybersecurity GM in updating the cybersecurity roadmap for the authority.
• Supports the creation of business continuity/disaster recovery plans, including conducting disaster recovery tests, publishing test results, and making changes necessary to address deficiencies.
• Perform security standards testing against computers before implementation to ensure security.
• The specialist may be called up to help with tasks/duties for other cybersecurity functions, such as developing cyber awareness trainings/materials, or cyber governance related tasks.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of cybersecurity at the authority.
• Contribute to the development of internal cyber awareness plan and campaigns.
• The specialist may travel to other airports, attends courses, conferences, and seminars, and undertakes activities to update and improve their airport operational and technical knowledge and experience. They often participate in various organizations specific to their area of expertise, in order to maintain and foster business relations and to update technical knowledge.
WHAT YOU BRING
• Minimum of five 5 years’ experience in cybersecurity.
• Technical knowledge of IT systems including application, networking, cloud and Microsoft tools.
• Working knowledge of iso27001, NIST CSF, CSC top 20, OWASP top 10, and other cyber related risk framework.
• Knowledge of industry technical standards and guidelines.
• Bachelor of computer science or equivalent degrees or experience, combined with industry and on-the-job experience.
• Strong knowledge of change management methodologies and approaches.
• Strong knowledge of system development lifecycles; software, processes, procedures, ethernet/IP networking, MS server, workstation, and other technologies.
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify solutions to complex problems.
• Effective communication skills with the ability to adapt to others to ensure common understanding and clarity.
• Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships within the team including vendors, contractors and stakeholders.
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience working in a complex 24/7/365 public facility is an asset.
• Knowledge of cybersecurity best practices.
• Risk management skills.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a restricted area identification card (RAIC).
• This role is eligible for our hybrid work model with a combination of in-office and remote work.
We are ACCOUNTABLE. We take ownership and step up to get the job done.
We are CUSTOMER-FOCUSED. We consider the customer in all that we do.
We are COLLABORATIVE. We are stronger when we reach out and work as a team.
We are RESILIENT. We are able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
We are CREATIVE. We strive to find new and better ways of doing things.
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year
Senior IT Cybersecurity Specialist Calgary jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.