Robert Half Melbourne VIC Australia
1 month ago
Our client is a large multinational conglomerate with diverse businesses including retail, food and beverage, hospitality, petrochemicals, construction, and financial services. They operate in more than 30 countries worldwide and employ over 60,000 people. The have several large operations across the world, including Australia and New Zealand.
Due to natural staff turnover and growth, they are now looking for a talented Financial Accountant to join their high-quality Finance Department that oversees the Australian and New Zealand entities and reports into their overseas Corporate Office. As an urgent start is required, this role will start on a temp to permanent basis. As there is a vacancy that needs to be filled, this role is right for someone who wants to join a business for the long-term.
Given the size of the organisation, there will be career progression opportunities over time and the business also offers the opportunity to work from home two days a week.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
• Perform monthly and yearly closing procedures, including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and variance analysis.
• Monitor and analyze general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial transactions.
• Prepare financial statements and reports, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
• Maintenance of the Fixed Assets register.
• Monthly coding and processing of Credit Card statements.
• Preparation of monthly GST returns.
• Preparation of monthly business wide KPI reporting
• Assist with budget preparation, forecasting, and cash flow management.
• Work with internal stakeholders to identify and implement process improvements to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of financial accounting functions.
• Dealing with auditors.
As there is an urgent requirement, this role may start on a temporary basis, however there is a clear commitment to make this role ongoing permanent within the first weeks.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
• CA or CPA Qualification is a must.
• Ability to start this role within 1-3 weeks' notice.
• 2-4 years of experience in financial accounting.
• Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare accurate financial reports.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Proficient in MS Office and accounting software applications.
• Experience with SAP or experience with inventory are a plus.
They offer a competitive salary package, and the opportunity to work from home two days a week. This is an exciting opportunity to join a reputable organization with a great team culture. The business is forecasting to locally double in size over the coming year, which will provide career growth opportunities down the track. If you are a motivated individual with a passion for financial accounting, we want to hear from you!
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
Job Reference No: 06810-0012647280
Melbourne VIC Australia
Jobs in Melbourne VIC Australia
Financial Accountant - Temp to Permanent Melbourne VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.