MaiaSpace Paris France
1 month ago
MaiaSpace is a European space tech company, designing, manufacturing and operating competitive and sustainable solutions for space mobility. We are driven by the belief that access to space is a major enabler for a better and more sustainable life on Earth, addressing the challenges faced by humanity: climate, resources, connectivity, and data. Our aim is to successfully design and test a cost-effective and reusable mini-launch vehicle by 2026.
Architect Engineer - Orbital Kick Stage F/H
Under the management of the CTO, you will own the design of the Orbital Kick Stage (Colibri) and lead system engineering of the team in charge of developping this product. Colibri is a small rocket stage coming atop the rocket, enhancing launch services provided by MaiaSpace : performance boost, spacecrafts dispatch in orbit, on-orbit servicingThis is a highly modular and evolutive product. Within this perimeter, your responsibilities will include:
Estabilsh work logic for the Colibri... development phase
• Seek objectives from your Product Owner (internal customer) : roadmap, resources, features
• Establish high-level architecture, models and requirements
• Define iterative work logic, hardware prototyping steps and plan engineering tasks accordingly
• Ensure consistency between those tasks and your team workload/ressources at each increment
• Report engineering deliveries during Agile routines.
Lead engineering tasks for Colibri
• Own definition baseline and necessary documentation (including justification)
• Lead system engineering within the Colibri team
• Define subsystems, allocate interfaces, functional requirements and verification logic
• Participate in planning, definition, trade-off and exploration of alternatives
• Select technologies and manage suppliers network (design and manufacturing)
• Manage external interfaces : Ground Systems, Upper Stage, Upper Part, Avionics, Factory...
• Assess performances on functions/cost/schedule/environmental impact
Animate Agile routine at Architect level
• Organize decision making for design choices within your team
• Provide necessary Product information to System Architects layer
• Animate Team Works in Program Increment (PI) Planning and Pre- and Post-PI Planning
• System and Solution Demos, and Inspect and Adapt (I&A) events
• Support Company continuous improvement approach
• Senior engineering background in system engineering
• > 15 years experience in space projects
• Background in orbital vehicle design or satellite highly appreciated : global architecture
• propulsion system as avionic design
• Autonomous, proactive attitude towards resolution of problems
• Team player with the ability to collaborate with people from different disciplines
• Knowledge or practice of Agile methodology
• Demonstrated experience in start-up work mode or strong collaborative environment;
• Ability to work fast, be « solution oriented » and propose out-of-the box ideas
Working at MaiaSpace
You will be joining a friendly multi-disciplinary team, comprised of multi-skilled people, following Agile and Scrum methodologies. This means that your role and responsibility may evolve over time with varied assignments and challenges depending on priorities and competences. Your work will be hands-on and in close contact with the final product. We are open-minded, transparent, pragmatic, result oriented and people centric. Teamwork is at the heart of how we work together and our co-workers share the same fundamental values: respect, humility, reactivity and autonomy with a passion for technical excellence. Our newly acquired office space at La Defense is located within the heart of Europe's largest purpose built business and commercial district with easy access to public transport.
Written and spoken communication is in French and English.
We're hiring Check out our LinkedIn jobs page
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.