CV Library United Kingdom United Kingdom
1 month ago
First Bus are looking for a Network Systems Manager. The location of this role is flexible
The successful candidate will play a crucial role, using innovative technology to transform the bus scheduling process. As the Network Systems Manager, you'll be at the forefront of developing key network systems and ensuring user satisfaction. With a focus on improving system performance and user competence, you'll take charge of the Optibus product development and chair the Optibus user group to support product development requests.
In this role, you'll also serve as the business point of escalation for any Optibus system issues, providing critical input to the development of the FlowOS product suite. Collaboration will be key as you work closely with the UK Bus Head of Networks and Operating companies to define clear process requirements and input business rules into the systems to maximise optimisation results.
You'll also play a crucial role in driving change across the business... overcoming barriers and challenges to ensure efficiencies and service performance improvement. By promoting a standardised approach to network planning and scheduling with the use of cutting-edge systems and technology, you'll help pave the way towards division-wide system adoption
What will you be doing?
• Ensure Optibus development list is actioned and updated in line with user and business requirements
• Provide scheduling support to other areas of the business as required
• Support the introduction of timetable optimisation software throughout the UK, specifically ensuring the system meets business needs and ensuring a seamless transition for the Opco
• Supporting the development of scheduling teams throughout the UK with technology use, ensuring they all receive the relevant training and guidance
• Challenging users to improve performance, specifically foucsing on improving schedule efficiency, reducing dwell time and increasing OTP KPISs
• Provide training as coaching to Network and Scheduling teams across the UK as required
• Provide regular feedback to senior commercial team on system performance
What are we looking for?
• High level of Network and scheduling experience within the transport industry
• Significant understanding of bus scheduling packages/systems and related products
• Highly numerate and experienced in scheduling duties and creating rosters within both legal and local agreement requirements
• Able to identify and evaluate improvement opportunities and deliver within specified timeframes
• Appreciation and understanding of how efficiency and punctuality affect revenue and profit margins
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including advanced ability with Excel and experience using collaboration tools (Teams, Sharepoint, etc)
• High standard of written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills and an innovative approach to problem solving
• Ability to communicate with impact and engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels
• Experience in mentoring and training network and scheduling teams
• Ability to work effectively using own initiative and prioritise workloads in a pressurised environment to meet deadlines
What can we offer you?
• Free bus pass for you and your family on joining
• 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
• First Xclusives – Discounts on many high street brands, supermarket's, holiday's and cinema tickets, to name a few
• First My Rewards - Discounted train travel for you and your family after 6 months service – travel as far as London or Edinburgh for £6!
• Generous pension and shares scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme – 24hr, 365 days a year mental health support
Welcome to First Bus
At First Bus, we're proud to be part of so many journeys. We're part of first days at school, dream-job interviews, major sporting events and even life-changing events. Be it behind the wheel, or behind the scenes, we help people get to all of life's destinations.
And every day, we're working hard to make our services easier to use, more accessible, more reliable and more sustainable. We're not perfect, but we're clear about where we're going and how we'll get there. We want to be known for forward-thinking innovation, operational excellence and providing a best-in-class service. To deliver our ambition, we have a pretty neat plan laid out, and we'd love for you to join us for the next stage of your journey, and ours.
Apply now! We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all
Jobs in United Kingdom United Kingdom
Network Systems Manager United Kingdom jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.