TVNZ Wellington New Zealand
2 months ago
The opportunity - Te tūranga
Our Newsgathering team in Wellington is looking for an Assignments Producer, who will be responsible for monitoring all news sources, assisting in the forward planning of assignments and taking on journalist responsibilities. You will be an integral part of newsgathering.
Your responsibilities will include:
• To assist in the efficient and effective coverage of daily news.
• The newsroom's point of contact with emergency services and members of the public
• Assists in dispatching and coordinating reporters, camera operators and live crews in the field.
• Reporting and writing voiceovers across a range of news bulletins
• Producing across a range of news bulletins and online
• Stay in constant communication with Online News Editor and Homepage Editor about stories from the region, providing information flow as it becomes available from the region
What we're looking for - Tā mātou e kimi nei
This role is often a starting point for our entry-level talent... We need exceptional people to work as part of this team on the desk, across our bulletins and our digital platform
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• Sound editorial judgement, coupled with the ability to recognise and select stories, which are of the most interest and newsworthiness given the programme brief and demographics.
• Understanding of resource management with the ability to understand how decisions will impact on available resources and what resources are needed to effectively cover an event.
• Demonstrable knowledge of the industry, coupled with some journalism experience gained across multiple platforms.
• Maintains a high level of general knowledge and keen awareness of local, national and international events and across daily news developments.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, within a fast-paced environment.
• Proven resource management with the ability to understand how decisions will impact on available resources and what resources are needed to effectively cover an event
Why we're here - Tā mātou tino kaupapa
Te Reo Tātaki (TVNZ) translates to "the leading voice" and our kaupapa (purpose) is to "inspire the conversations of Aotearoa." Each day TVNZ reaches more than two million Kiwis through channels TVNZ 1, 2, DUKE and our digital entertainment platform, TVNZ+,TVNZ's news site 1news.co.nz and our digital news youth brand Re: ensure we connect with people on the issues that matter to them wherever they are.
Ko te whakamārama mō te ingoa Te Reo Tātaki, koia ko te reo tuatahi Ko tā Te Reo Tātaki kaupapa, he whakaihiihi i ngā kōrero o Aotearoa. Neke atu i te rua miriona tāngata te toronga atu o Te Reo Tātaki ia rā, arā, mā ngā hōngere o Tahi, Rua, Tiuka, te pae matihiko ngahau o Tua (TVNZ+), te pae kawe pūrongo o 1news.co.nz me te pae matihiko rangatahi o Re: nā ēnei ka whai wāhi nui mātou ki te kawe ake i ngā take o te wā ki te marea, ahakoa kei hea rātou i te ao.
Working at TVNZ - Te mahi ki Te Reo Tātaki
• A vibrant culture where we celebrate our content and our successes, and where we're encouraged to continue learning and growing our careers
• A $350 up front allowance to contribute to home office set up expenses.
• Comprehensive parental leave - topping up the Government's offering to 6 months at full pay, as well as 6 weeks working at 80% of your normal time at full pay when you return to work, plus 4 week's paid leave and an optional extra 2 week's unpaid for partners.
• Lifestyle Leave - the option to buy an extra week or two of leave annually if you want it, to take leave without pay if circumstances allow, or to cash up leave if you've got more than you need.
• A $350 annual wellbeing allowance, discounted Southern Cross health insurance, free flu shots, and access to a confidential support, guidance and counselling service.
• Superannuation covered - with employee contributions matched up to 5% of salary.
• Hauora Leave - A bonus 5th week off annually to find your balance and focus on you - whether that's by connecting with whānau, taking time for yourself, or escaping the everyday.
• A new Broadband and Mobile benefit offer so you'll be able to work from anywhere and be free to stream and binge watch with no limits.
If you would like to find out more about this amazing opportunity, please feel free to call our Head of Talent Acquisitions, Philly Irvine, mobile 021 564 691, she loves to chat about new careers
Wellington New Zealand
Jobs in Wellington New Zealand
Assignments Producer Wellington jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.