Bridgestone EMIA Brits South Africa
2 months ago
JobReq ID: 48609
Type of work: Hybrid
Type of contract: Open-ended/permanent
Full/Part Time: Full time
Bridgestone in Europe, CIS, Middle East, India and Africa (BSEMIA), headquartered in Zaventem (Belgium), is a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, a global leader providing sustainable mobility and advanced solutions.
In addition to our premium tire products, we offer a growing portfolio of tire-centric and mobility solutions. Together with our partners and guided by "Serving Society with Superior Quality”, that has been our mission since Shojiro Ishibashi founded Bridgestone in 1931, we are working to accelerate sustainable mobility innovations and solutions. Through innovative technology, we are committed to easier, safer, smoother and seamless mobility for our society and customers improving how people move, live, work and play.
Bridgestone also benefits from a significant retail network throughout the region – in fact... our retail presence in the EMIA region is the largest in the tire industry. Through 17 distinct retail partners, we have around 3,500 outlets across Europe, the Middle East and Africa as well as around 2,500 outlets through our partner network in India. This network offers a selection of services, concepts and mobility solutions.
At Bridgestone we pride ourselves on the strong relationships we maintain with everyday drivers and this extensive retail network is one of the core reasons why.
You can learn more about our Group at https://bridgestone-emia.com/
In line with the “Bridgestone Essence”, our work environment is based on integrity and teamwork, where everyone can learn from each other and contribute with their own ideas in achieving the coming goals.
We want to hear from people who can take the challenge, unleash their creative potential and contribute to the company success demonstrating ownership, courage and agility. We want you to develop your skills, expand your knowledge and be proud of your work.
Manage the procurement process for the business. Support the Site Procurement in conducting local and international purchases in an effective, transparent and professional manner according to Bridgestone’s procurement policy and procedures. Ensure that quality products are purchased at a competitive price and delivered on time to minimize any delays in production.
• Ensure all orders are in accordance with signed supplier contracts, company standards and minimum requirements.
• Monitors and maintains current inventory levels
• Obtain at least 3 quotations prior to adjudication of an order where a contract is not in place.
• They work with the engineering department to make sure that technical specifications of the stocks are correct.
• Ensure all orders are delivered within the agreed lead-time.
• Expedite all outstanding orders and take corrective action if necessary
• Report on a daily basis on all outstanding orders and communicate with the stakeholders concerning the progress of their orders / quotations.
• Strive to improve vendor relations and provide long-term information that would enable the vendor to improve the service to and create a better understanding of the mutual business requirements.
• Investigating / analysing of defects / non-conformances and instituting improvements or systems to prevent the re-occurrence of these defects / non-conformances.
• Developing and maintaining good and productive relationships with nominated clients.
• Management of Suppliers and costs within the company policies, procedures and approvals framework.
• Negotiate favourable price with suppliers
• Strong negotiating and expediting skills.
• Exposure to supplier contracts.
• Purchasing practices and procedures.
• Materials, products, and the commodity market in area of specialization.
• Pricing of imported materials, customs procedures, shipping terms and clearance procedures.
• Preparing and analysing complex technical specifications.
• Analytical Skills
• Project Management Skills
• Strong and Effective Negotiations
• Stakeholder Management
• Customer satisfaction
• Supplier Management,
All employees have the necessary competencies and skills to function effectively, all risks are identified and countermeasures are implemented, the department adheres to all SEHQ legislation and regulations and the workplace is a safe place to work.
• BCOM/ Degree in Procurement /Logistics/Supply Chain Management is a requirement
• CIPS/SAPICS qualification a requirement
• Experience in Manufacturing, Automotive, Industrial industry an advantage
• Experience in tender management
• International imports experience.
• Minimum of 5-7 Years’ experience in Procurement/ Logistics/Inventory Management
• Minimum of 3 Years’ experience as technical buyer in a Manufacturing (Auto)
• Advanced Excel experience an advantage
• Technically strong, analytical, strong negotiation and communication skills
• Commodity Management experience will be an advantage
• Experience in Imports and Oversees procurement an advantage
• SAP Experience
Why should you apply?
• We are passionate about our people and want to offer them the opportunity to develop and grow.
• You never stop learning. You will have the possibility to develop yourself via our Learning Management System that is also connected to LinkedIn Learning.
• Bridgestone as a global company drives your career to the next level by offering you possibilities to work in an international setting.
• You will have the opportunity to experience a dynamic and challenging environment and work on different and innovative projects.
• We help you to drive your career path onward and upward work in a culture of feedback that recognizes you and helps your development.
If you can demonstrate the skills we are looking for and would like to make a difference in a Pioneering company dedicated to shaping a sustainable future of real-world mobility solutions, just click on the Apply Now button and add your CV!
All applications will be reviewed. Our Recruitment team will contact the suitable applicants for the next step of the recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Diversity and inclusion are a central part of Bridgestone EMIA’s values at the highest level. This is key for our people to show a passion for excellence for improving society connected to the world in which we live. Our commitment to diversity, is linked to our founders mission of ‘Serving Society with Superior Quality’, which is essential in shaping and creating the organization, serving all people, respectfully, connected to our business. We recognize that everyone is different and that attracting, developing and retaining our employees will create a sustainable working environment which is essential to our success. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate in particular on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age
Brits South Africa
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.