Walsall College Walsall United Kingdom
2 months ago
As the successful candidate, you will provide cross-college support to teaching staff and students who have a wide range of additional support needs along with providing support for tutors teaching students with additional support needs both cross college and within the SLDD provision.
You will be expected to provide support, under the direction of a tutor, to individuals or groups of students, and to provide assistance with the teaching of a range of activities, in varied curriculum areas, and you will assist in the preparation of equipment and materials for learning, practical work, demonstrations and exhibitions.
It is essential that you understand various support needs amongst learners and utilise appropriate support mechanisms to assist them in their academic studies. A NVQ Level 3 classroom assistant or BTEC in Classroom Support Assistants qualification (or willingness to achieve within an agreed timescale) is essential, along with a minimum of a Level 2 in English and... Maths.
For full specification requirements please refer to the job description.
In return, we offer;
• Competitive salaries.
• Enrolment into the West Midlands Pension Fund with generous employer contributions.
• Outstanding staff training and team building programme.
• ZEST is the College’s Health & Wellbeing initiative for our staff.
• Staff incentive schemes including Cycle to Work scheme and ‘Best of Walsall’ discounts.
• Simply Health care scheme.
• Employee Assistance Programme.
• Reward and recognition scheme.
• State of the art campuses with the latest industry facilities, including our Graduate Salon of Hair and Beauty and on site Little Professors’ Nursery.
• Access to ‘The Hub’ offering a Gym, Spa & Sports Clinic and The Littleton Restaurant.
We are passionate about promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working environment where diversity is recognised and celebrated and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential. Our environment is diverse in character and student population. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black Minority Ethnic origin and those with a disability.
Walsall College is committed to safeguarding our children and young people/vulnerable adults. We uphold fundamental British Values and expect all our employees to do the same. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks, including previous employment checks, online searches and an Enhanced DBS Check.
Please note that previous candidates need not apply.
Please note that this is an ongoing advert, and if you have recently applied we will be in contact with you shortly
Jobs in Walsall United Kingdom
Learning Mentor (Term Time Only) (18.5 hours per week) Walsall jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.