NAV Canada Vancouver Canada
2 months ago
Job Posting Title
Air Traffic Operations Specialist (ATOS) (2 Positions Available)
Employee in Training/Student
English / Anglais
Posting End Date
$42,818 - $42,818
Air Traffic Operations Specialists review and disseminate flight data that is required by air traffic controllers to ensure the safe, orderly, and expeditious provision of air traffic services.
• Processes all flight data in support of Air Traffic Controllers to ensure the safe, orderly, and expeditious provision of air traffic services and for Flight Data Analysts to facilitate the collection of Company revenues for services provided
• Provides an alerting service including initiation and coordination of communication search action to ensure that action is taken in the event of an overdue aircraft
• Provides information pertinent to flight safety to air traffic controllers in the... provision of separation and NAV CANADA clients in the preparation of flight plans
• Twelve weeks (variable) of theoretical and 4 to 7 months of practical training are required for the ATOS position. The training program, regardless of candidate background, will last anywhere from 6 to 12 months. In addition, the incumbent must continually be prepared to adapt to new or revised operating procedures and equipment.
Qualified: $78,670- $93,853
Completion of secondary school education, or an acceptable combination of education, training, and experience.
Experience using automated systems for flight data processing an asset
Code of Conduct:
Compliance with the policies and practices outlined in the NAV CANADA Code of Business Conduct.
• Air Traffic Control systems, procedures and related aviation information.
• Airspace Requirements and Procedures, categories, areas, and zones.
• Publications and Reference Documents, Canadian Aviation Regulations, Instrument Flight Rules, Control Visual Flight Rules, Visual Flight Rules.
• Air Traffic Services Terminology, Location Identifiers, Aircraft Identifiers and Aircraft Performance, Notice to Airmen, Flight Planning, Flight Itineraries (formats and categories); also, of other air traffic service units within the Flight Information Region, and the International Civil Aviation Organization.
• NAV CANADA’s organization, responsibilities, and priorities.
• Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Adapt to new or revised operating procedures and equipment.
• Work under pressure.
• Analyze operational problems and develop solutions.
• Work independently without direction.
• Effective interpersonal relationships, reliable, diplomatic, tactful, and cooperative.
• Initiative, good judgment, thoroughness, and adaptability.
• Customer service focus.
Conditions of Employment:
• Security – enhanced reliability
• Shift work required
NAV CANADA is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. If you do not believe that you match every job requirement listed on this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. NAV CANADA encourages a culture of learning and growth, and recognizes that although some technical skills are mandatory, many others can be taught.
Our Company strives to create an inclusive and barrier-free selection process and work environment. If you require accommodations during this competition process, please ensure that you inform the interview coordinator or hiring manager of any accommodation measures you may require. NAV CANADA will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities as required.
The successful candidate must meet the security requirement of the position and be legally able to work in Canada.
At NAV CANADA, safety is our priority. We require pre-employment drug screening for all candidates offered positions designated as safety sensitive in accordance with NAV CANADA’s Drug and Alcohol policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Air Traffic Operations Specialist (ATOS) (2 Positions Available) Vancouver jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.