Advisian Vancouver Canada
1 month ago
Advisian (Worley Group)
Vancouver, British Columbia
Advisian is the independent consulting business line of Worley Canada Services Ltd. (Worley) with more than 2,000 people in 19 countries. We provide solutions for clients across a range of industries, including renewable energy, ports and marine terminals, among many others. As part of one of the world’s largest environment and engineering firms, we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities globally. Worley is a company that prides itself on providing safe and high-quality services that exceed our customer’s expectations, which is why we manage some of the world's leading projects.
Advisian is a leading provider of Environment and Society (E&S) services in Canada. The E&S Practice is a vibrant and growing team covering: Environmental Science (including marine, atmospherics, terrestrial, and aquatics); Society & Engagement; Planning, Permits & Approvals; and Sustainability & Compliance. We provide a full range of... environmental services with a strong reputation for technical excellence, innovation and quality of work within small project consulting and strategic advisory assignments through to large project engineering and construction management delivery. We pride ourselves on the integration of our E&S professionals with our engineering, construction management and project delivery teams. Our aim is to recruit, develop, and most importantly, retain the people who share our vision and strategy.
We have a challenging opportunity for a full-time Senior Environmental Assessment Specialist to join our dynamic team. Our ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in federal and provincial (specifically British Columbia and Alberta) regulations, environmental engineering and/or sciences, water resources, and be experienced in developing and managing complex resource projects.
Overall Responsibilities And Key Accountabilities
• Project management and successful execution of environmental assessments with values up to and exceeding $1M, including the development and maintenance of project scopes, schedules and budgets, and coordination of junior and intermediate staff
• Preparation and/or review of technical correspondence, project proposals, technical reports, work plans, and project specifications including cost estimates and budgets
• Keeping abreast of local industrial/commercial/community business activities, plans and future developments
• Foster and manage effective relationships with existing and prospective local clients
• Client management, including communication through verbal and written correspondence which may include presentations
• Interpretation of environmental regulations and investigation results to successfully meet client’s requirements, which may include engaging Subject Matter Experts
• Provide leadership and technical direction to a diverse team and regulatory advice to various engineering discipline teams
• Business development and proposal preparation, attend client meetings, and deliver engaging presentations. Work with senior consultants and principals in the practice to identify opportunities and prepare winning proposals
• Quality assurance – responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the Environment & Society Practice
• Responsible for personal safety and the safe working practices for the Environment and Society Practice. Understand and follow Worley occupational health and safety procedures
• Travel as required for various field programs, working group meetings, or public open houses.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited institution plus appropriate continuing education in environmental science or engineering, geology, soil science or equivalent
• 15+ years of experience in coordinating, preferably managing Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Assessments
• Ability to present technical information, both written and verbally, in a concise and professional manner
• Proven ability to interpret and implement the provincial and federal environmental regulations and prepare successful permits, licenses and approvals, including environmental assessments.
• Demonstrated capability to coordinate and supervise field investigations.
• Demonstrated capability to train, mentor and develop junior and intermediate staff in regulatory approvals and permitting and project coordination and management.
• Self-starter, flexible team player, willing and able to work on a wide variety of tasks and to coordinate staff
• Additional requirements include computer skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment
As one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Advisian offers an excellent remuneration & benefits package, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects within Canada and overseas.
Advisian strives to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
Environmental Science Consultants
Mar 31, 2023
Jun 29, 2023
Reporting Manager Title
Practice Lead Regulatory Approvals, Permitting, & Compliance Environment & Society, North America
Senior Environmental Assessment Manager – Environment and Society Vancouver jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.