Intelcom Montreal Canada
2 months ago
Ride the next mile with us!
Intelcom is a leading Canadian and Montreal operated last mile delivery platform provider. The company has generated exceptionally fast growth in the last years and projects to maintain this pace in the coming years. Intelcom is currently undertaking a technology transformation that will require new talent in the fields of logistics technologies, data platforms, marketing automation & CX, data science, machine learning, cybersecurity & business intelligence. The company will also expand its physical and market footprint and will require a strong technology operation platform & infrastructure to support this growth.
Overview of the role:
Reporting directly to the Senior Director, Research and Development, Logistics Technology, the software developer is responsible for identifying and investigating opportunities for improvement across the organization and to develop Intelcom’s next-generation of technologies. The candidate understands contemporary software... design principles and best engineering practices. Thriving in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment, working closely with the R&D team and product owners across the organization to determine opportunities for improvement, requirements, architecture & design, prototyping and recommendations for implementation. We need our software developers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new opportunities for innovation across the full stack (with a focus on backend) as we continue to push technology forward.
What does your day look like:
• Implement the R&D workflow, that is to say:
• Explore and help define new opportunities for innovation across the organization;
• Investigate each opportunity of innovation by developing prototypes and proof of concept;
• Evaluate the feasibility of each opportunity of innovation by analyzing KPI and by validating initial assumptions vs the results obtained;
• Support the transition of opportunities of innovation from a proof of concept into Intelcom’s business workflows and production environment;
• Conduct investigation on new technologies and methodologies and make recommendations that could improve the overall performance of the organization;
• Write clean code and actively participate to peer reviews;
• Present projects and findings and support the transition of new technologies from a prototype to a production environment;
• Produce documentation and contribute to the development of Intelcom’s knowledge base.
What will help you succeed:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent);
• Experience using Java or any other object-oriented language;
• Experience with software development practices such as source control, code reviews, unit testing and TDD, debugging;
• Knowledge and/or experience of the Agile methodology;
• Experience within a cloud environment (AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP) (an asset);
• Experience developing in a service-oriented architecture (SOA), using micro services (an asset);
• Bilingual French and English (an asset).
Intelcom is a leading last-mile carrier in the e-commerce sector. Our teams across Canada as well as our network of independent contractors contribute to Intelcom’s daily operations.
Our goal is simple: in a constantly evolving business sector, we don't just follow, we get ahead. In addition to standing out through innovative services and delivery methods, Intelcom is also undergoing a technological transformation where the integration of customer experience and logistics technologies are at the heart of its evolution.
At Intelcom, we know experience comes in many forms and are committed to building a culture where difference is valued. We are always looking for talented and diverse individuals to join our teams. With over 60 delivery centers across Canada, we may have the right opportunity for you.
Software Developer Intern Montreal jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.