Johns Associates Ltd
Johns Associates Ltd Bradford-on-Avon United Kingdom
1 month ago
Johns Associates is an award-winning multidisciplinary consultancy based in Bradford on Avon (near Bath).
As a Landscape Institute Registered Practice, we pride ourselves in providing high quality designs, advice, and sustainable and creative solutions for our clients in the fields of landscape architecture, ecology, water, GIS, Environmental Impact Assessment, arboriculture, and countryside management. We work across a wide variety of sectors including housing, leisure, transport, utilities, renewable energy, local and national government, conservation agencies and education and have a strong reputation for dealing with complex and challenging projects, providing the best outcomes for our clients, the environment, and local communities.
Due to our rapidly increasing workload, we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and suitably experienced Landscape Architect or Senior Landscape Architect to join our friendly and growing team. This is a permanent position, based at our offices in... Bradford on Avon but with flexible working available. We are happy to consider full or part-time hours.
Johns Associates Ltd is proud of its Investors in People Platinum status.
The requirements of the posts are varied and typically would involve the following:
· Hard and soft landscape design proposals for a range of developments at all design stages from feasibility / concept through to detailed design and implementation.
· Undertaking desk and site-based landscape and visual survey and assessment work and producing Landscape & Visual Appraisal (LVA) / Landscape Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA) reports including to EIA level.
· Input into Landscape Management Plans (e.g. LEMPs).
· Working within a multidisciplinary team integrating ecological and hydrological features/ strategies into designs that integrate landscape design, ecology, and hydrology to deliver nature-based solutions and biodiversity net gain.
· Production of technical drawings using AutoCAD / Keyscape etc.
· Production of illustrative material and photomontages using relevant software or hand drawn.
· Acting as a day-to-day client interface.
· Working with the Principal Landscape Architect and Directors to help develop new client/ business development opportunities.
Desirable skills and experience will include:
· Chartered status and full membership of the Landscape Institute is desirable for the Senior Landscape Architect post.
· We encourage and support engagement with the Pathway to Chartership.
· A degree in Landscape Architecture.
· At least 5 years relevant consultancy experience is preferred for the senior role, showing good commercial awareness and successful project outcomes.
· At least 2 years consultancy experience is preferred for the Landscape Architect post.
· Experience of managing projects and in building good relationships with clients.
· Excellent verbal, written and communication skills and able to convey your passion for Landscape Architecture to clients, other professions, and the broader team.
· Good horticultural knowledge and technical skills to develop detailed soft and hard landscape designs and specification work with a keen interest in creating high quality and sustainable places.
· Recent experience in the production of LVA / LVIAs and input into Landscape Management Plans is desirable.
· A good level of expertise in a range of software including AutoCAD, Keyscape, Adobe Creative Suite and NBS. Some knowledge of Sketchup 3D software or similar would be beneficial.
· You will be results driven, enjoy challenging opportunities, be resourceful and have a positive attitude.
· Full UK driving licence and access to a car.
What We Offer
In addition to the opportunity to work on a wide range of interesting projects across several sectors as well as to develop your skills and experience in a supportive environment, Johns Associates offers the following benefits and rewards to all staff:
· Competitive salary dependent on skills and experience
· Flexible Working Policy
· Contributory pension scheme*
· Employee Health Cash Plan*
· Annual leave entitlement of 28 days (pro-rata), plus Bank Holidays
· Up to 5 days external training allowance per year, plus internal training
· Company sick pay scheme
· Flexible working and a balanced approach to working hours
· Payment of annual Landscape Institute Membership and support to achieve Chartered Status
· Company laptop, screen, and iPhone
· Discretionary bonus
• On successful completion of a three-month probationary period.
To apply, please submit a CV, covering letter/ email and a portfolio of your design work to [email protected]
Johns Associates is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
• Company events
• Company pension
• Sick pay
• Work from home
• Monday to Friday
• No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
• Bonus scheme
• Landscape Architecture: 2 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Bradford-on-Avon
Jobs in Bradford-on-Avon United Kingdom
Landscape Architect/ Senior Landscape Architect Bradford-on-Avon jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.