WSP in the UK
WSP in the UK Manchester United Kingdom
1 month ago
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
We are GL Hearn, a member of WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
In today’s world it’s important to work for a company that has clear purpose, giving back to communities and supporting what is truly important in the world.
When considering a career move its vital to work for a business that is aligned to your values and goals, a place where you can belong. See what GL Hearn stands for in 2023 and beyond…
We value our people and our reputation. Having a diverse and robust workforce enables us to look for answers, not problems, and we pride ourselves on offering clients clever, imaginative, future-facing solutions. If you are interested in finding ways to help society thrive, at home and further afield, an exciting career could be waiting for you here.
Your new role, what's involved?
About GL Hearn
GL Hearn Design provides Landscape services across the UK, recently acquired by WSP we are one of the largest... Landscape Teams within the UK with an unparalleled range of projects across nearly all sectors.
• We are currently delivering a wide range of projects across the UK including Residential Masterplans, Public Realm Schemes, Transport Infrastructure and Health Projects.
• We work in both public and private sector
• Specific development opportunities? Mentoring through Pathway to Chartership (if applicable). Opportunity to progress within a stable and successful existing team.
• Proximity of office and surrounding area shops/café/parking train station? Dependent on candidate but with offices in major cities with access to transport infrastructure, retail and comodities
• USP for THIS role? All all-rounder Landscape Architect looking to develop their career as an all rounder within the Landscape profession.
Location: UK Wide
What you’ll be doing:
GL Hearn are looking for a Graduate Landscape Architect looking to develop their career as an all-rounder within the Landscape Profession.
The Graduate would be joining their team of 18 working alongside a wider Landscape team of circa 100 staff with offices around the UK and worldwide.
You will receive mentoring through Pathway to Chartership (if applicable) and will have the opportunity to progress within a stable and successful existing team.
Are you ambitious and enthusiastic; motivated and driven to succeed? Then we want to hear from you.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• You’ll be graduating in 2023 or you may have recently graduated with at least a 2:2 in Landscape Architecture. Or if you are still studying we will consider Under Graduate applications for this role.
• You'll be looking to start work in 2023
• You’ll ideally have less than 1.5 years relevant experience
• You’ll be passionate with the curiosity and creativity to solve problems
• You’ll want to stretch and inspire us, speaking up about any new ideas you have
• You’ll want to throw yourself in from day one and put your studies into practice
• You’ll have excellent communication skills
• You’ll enjoy working in a team environment, sharing ideas and collaborating with colleagues
• You’ll have confidence to work under pressure with the ability to prioritise and plan effectively
Early applications are recommended and we reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date.
What's in it for you?
We care about individuals and their progress and offer the most fulfilling career development for our professionals. Professional accreditation is an important milestone to reach. After years of study in your field and hard work on the job, you’ll want the recognition that you are at the top of your game. Our two-year graduate development programme will support you to achieve your goals.
We have established relationships with professional institutions including ICE, IStructE, IET, CIBSE, CIHT, CILT, IMechE, IChemE, IED,TPS, CIWEM, GSL, RGD, RICS, RTPI, SocEnv, or APM and we’ll provide a Supervisor and Counsellor to help you on your journey, and reward you for your efforts as well.
The programme is a blended learning experience and includes cohort events, core behavioural training modules, professional registration mentoring and on-the-job experience. The structured training programme includes but is not limited to training in:
• Project Management
• Team specific technical skills
• Client and Customer Care
• Collaborative working with your clients and team
• Commercial Concepts
• Developing your Personal Brand
• Career Development…and lots more!
With WSP, we also offer the Professional Growth Network (PGN) which is a networking group run by early career professionals for early career professionals. It helps to grow your network of contacts across the UK business as well as providing you with opportunities for extra experience to support you in achieving chartered status or other professional accreditations.
We want our people to achieve rewarding careers. At work we celebrate integrity and treat people with respect. We support each other and embrace diversity to create a place where people come together and do great things.
Our VIBE (LGBT + employee), Women in Leadership, CREED (Championing Racial Equality and Ethnic Diversity), WSP Connect (visible and non-visible disabilities) and our Gender Balance Group help us promote the right environment for you to reach your full potential. [email protected].
WSP recognises that work is only one part of your life and making time for other things is important – be that your families, friends, or yourself.
Health & Wellbeing?
We are committed to supporting our people, giving you the tools to make improvements to your health and wellbeing through our Thrive programme.
Med24 gives you and your family unrestricted telephone access to an NHS doctor. You can call day or night or have a face-to-face video consultation.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
Apply now and be the future of GL Hearn
Here at GL Hearn we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria, please let us know if you require any workplace adjustments in support of your application.
Please note GL Hearn reserves the right to close the vacancy before the advertised closing date.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Submit Application – if you pass the initial screen you will then be invited to attend a behavioural psychometric test which looks at candidate behaviours.
If you pass this stage of the process you will then be invited to an interview.
If you pass the final stage which is an interview you will then be made an offer. This usually happens within 2 weeks of the interview taking place
Jobs in Manchester United Kingdom
Graduate Landscape Architect Manchester jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.