Are Media Pty Ltd
Are Media Pty Ltd Sydney NSW Australia
1 month ago
Why Are Media?
Join Australia’s leading content company for women and be part of an inspiring, creative and collaborative team. We offer excellent people programs including; Parental Leave, Wellness, Performance Coaching & Development, Mentoring and our unique Are Media Academy (Interns, Lunch N Learns, and much more).
We support flexible ways of working through our Activity Based Working (ABW) model. We encourage a balance of working in the office and remotely and we believe this enables our people to do their best work.
Who Are We?
Are Media is a house of brands that women know and love. We reach 9 in 10 Australian women every year through brands like The Australian Women’s Weekly, marie claire, Who, Woman’s Day, Gourmet Traveller and Australian House and Garden. We create content across digital, magazines, social channels, customer review sites, videos, podcasts, events and experiences. Our aim is to inform, inspire, influence and enable our audience to connect with the things... they are passionate about across beauty, food, fashion, travel, parenting and entertainment.
Are Media employs Australia’s best content creation talent and we are proud that our greatest strength is our people.
About The Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced and senior digital journalist to lead the digital content strategy and a team of creators for this iconic Australian brand, The Women’s Weekly, as it expands its digital footprint.
This new role suits an enterprising, audience-focused and collaborative Managing Editor with a demonstrated background in growing engagement and success across digital platforms via high-quality and high-trust content in all its forms. The ideal candidate will also be experienced in leading a team, developing and executing on content strategy, driving daily workflows and working closely with key stakeholders.
• Responsibility for the day-to-day leadership of a team of content creators, ensuring all content on all digital platforms has an audience and/or ecommerce strategy at its heart.
• Ensuring deadlines are met, standards are upheld and team KPIs are achieved.
• Collaborating with key stakeholders to develop content and audience strategies for brands and platforms.
• Providing the digital thought leadership to promote an omnichannel focus for The Australian Women’s Weekly.
• Applying best SEO and social practices to find audiences and amplify content.
• Being the digital custodian of AWW and representing the brand as required both within the business, at external events and with commercial partners.
• Curating the content across site and social (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok) - to reflect brand and purpose.
• Using data and analytics to report on performance and inform content strategy.
• Working closely with commercial teams and internal stakeholders to drive business and brand success.
• Driving a respectful and collaborative culture both within the digital team and with all AWW content and commercial teams.
Skills And Experience
• 5-7 years' experience as a senior digital content people leader in a busy media environment.
• Demonstrated experience in ideating, writing, editing and commissioning digital content that engages and grows audiences, drives conversations and protects and builds brand authority.
• A thorough working knowledge of using tools and data analytics to understand audiences, monitor and track performance and to inform content strategy and planning.
• Experience in content amplification via multiple channels including social (Instagram, TikTok and Pinterest) and EDM.
• An understanding and passion for creating successful content platforms for Australian women.
• A thorough understanding of best SEO practice and its application in content planning.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and respectfully, engaging teams and stakeholders.
Are Media is committed to a diverse, respectful, collaborative & inclusive workplace. We know & value the success this brings for everyone and we welcome & encourage applications from diverse backgrounds.
Please apply now and send your CV via the link
Sydney NSW Australia
Digital Managing Editor, The Australian Women's Weekly Sydney NSW jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.