The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada
The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada via LinkedIn Canada
1 month ago
Public Health Project Manager (1 Year contract with possibility of extension)
Looking for a career opportunity with an established and reputable national organization that makes a real difference in women’s health, values its employees and offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a hybrid working from home program?
The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC) ongoing mission is to promote excellence in the practice of obstetrics and gynaecology and to advance the health of women through leadership, advocacy, collaboration, and education.
The SOGC has over 4,000 members, comprised of obstetricians, gynaecologists, family physicians, nurses, midwives, and allied health professionals working in the field of sexual reproductive health.
Since 1944, the SOGC continues to be a leading national and international authority on women’s reproductive health and on evidence-based training and education. The SOGC leads the development of 12-17 clinical... practice guidelines per year and hosts 3 regional continuing medical education meetings and an Annual Clinical and Scientific Conference. These events attract a diverse group of delegates that include women’s health care providers, researchers, educators and policy makers, who have the opportunity to network, learn and share information and ideas. These events also facilitate the identification of critical gaps in the field through needs assessments that inform future curricula and program development.
The SOGC has recently launched its own online e-learning platform, which hosts accredited interactive courses, including virtual communities of practice, for members and non-members around the world.
Public Health Project Manager assists the Chief Scientific Officer to lead and implement all public-health related-related projects.
• Project manages a number of public health projects across Departments
• Collaborates with the Chief Scientific Officer and other staff to plan and implement public health-related projects;
• Co-ordinates the implementation of all public health-related projects and programs as well as: Drafts funding proposals, Prepares and manages the budgets for funded projects, Co-ordinates all activities from funded projects, liaising across departments as required, Drafts progress and project completion reports; and Follows-up on action items.
• Synthesizes and analyzes data from projects;
• Drafts knowledge translation materials including abstracts/posters for presentations. social media posts, e-blasts, newsletters;
• Develops meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and meeting reports;
• Manages project budgets and tracks and monitors project-related expenses;
• Assists with the content development for focus group testing and resources/tools for the public and health care providers;
• Maintains internal and external collaborations and partnerships for projects and programs;
• Oversees travel coordination for workshops for meeting participants;
• Represents the organization at meetings and conferences; and
• Other duties as required by the CSO.
• Manages staff;
• Recruits and hires staff and conducts performance evaluations;
• Coordinates training programs for new personnel and identifies training needs for current staff.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and KEY SKILLS
• Demonstrated excellence in project management, including work planning and budget tracking;
• Undergraduate, Post-graduate or health professional University degree;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• In-depth knowledge of the field of women’s reproductive health;
• Knowledge of, and experience writing funding proposals and reports;
• Experience working with a number of stakeholder groups, including experts, researchers and policy makers;
• Adaptability to changing or evolving policies and priorities as well as the ability to meet tight deadlines;
• Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal direction;
• Focused on quality assurance and strong attention to detail; and
• Capacity to collaborate effectively with others while promoting cooperation and partnerships between individuals and groups.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to work weekends and overtime.
• Some travel will be required.
Please clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the position in your application/cover letter.
The SOGC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. SOGC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Should you be interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Public Health Project Manager via LinkedIn jobs
Jobs by The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.