Canadian Mental Health Association - Calgary Region
Canadian Mental Health Association - Calgary Region Calgary Canada
1 month ago
POSITION TITLE: Program Manager – Post Discharge Transition & Supportive Living Group Homes
PROGRAM: Operations – Housing, Outreach & Support Services
POSITION TYPE: Permanent, Full-time
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, Operations - Housing, Outreach and Support Services, this role is also responsible for contributing to the strategic planning related to existing and future programs.
This role will focus on leading a highly skilled group of Team Leads and provide guidance, mentorship, and supervision to all supporting staff in the department, while ensuring a smooth operation of all programs and procedures.
REPORTS TO: Senior Program Manager, Operations – Housing, Outreach & Support Services
KEY SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Build trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels by modelling thoughtful, authentic, and adaptive leadership.
• Contribute... to building a culture of collaboration through providing guidance, coaching, and mentoring.
• Demonstrate role-model behaviors that encourages a safe and wellness-oriented culture that is diverse, inclusive, equitable, engaging, and supports the vision and mission of CMHA.
• Demonstrate strong emotional intelligence along with appropriate situational and conscious leadership skillsets.
• Provide supervision, guidance, support, and mentorship to the Team Leads of each program as well as to frontline staff as needed to ensure smooth running of the day-to-day operations within the respective teams.
Post Discharge and Supportive Living Group Homes
• Ensure adherence to CMHA Program Policies and Procedures within the assigned Programs.
• Ensure ongoing Program development, evaluation, planning and implementation.
• Participate in financial management of the Programs through budget preparation and monitoring.
• Consult on client and program related issues and facilitate appropriate resolutions.
• Ensure that all clients receive adequate support and services as outlined in the Service Delivery Model.
• Ensure appropriate levels of staffing are available to meet client needs and participates in the recruitment of new program staff.
• Conduct ongoing consultations with various internal CMHA-Calgary stakeholders to support CMHA-Calgary programs, strategic planning, and operational oversight.
• Create and manage project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements for the Agency.
• Facilitate, as needed, day-to-day operational aspects of a project to ensure completion of the project within determined timelines.
• Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet project goals.
• Proactively communicate project status, issues, and risks to the Leadership Team.
• Work collaboratively with staff within the Agency and provide regular project status updates through established communication strategies.
• In collaboration, develop effective evaluation of project objectives and goals.
• Provides on call support to team during afterhours/weekends.
• Remain current with new policies, training, services, resources, and legislation applicable to the mental health community.
• Identify and support quality improvement initiatives through use of data, observation, and feedback received from staff and clients.
• Attend Executive Leadership meetings as required.
• Participate in contract discussions and weekly case conferences to ensure programs are running smoothly.
• Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Graduate Degree in a human services field. Consideration will be given for Bachelors level with extensive professional experience.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in a program management role in social service. Non-profit experience would be an asset.
• Knowledge of local mental health and/or addiction systems and community resources.
• Excellent project management, scheduling, budgeting, and process mapping skills.
• Demonstrated success in contributing to a high performing team through effective collaboration, coaching, and mentoring.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to build and manage teams, inspire others, as well as interact effectively with peers and senior leaders.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
• Commitment to the highest standard of integrity and professional conduct.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to quickly refocus priorities.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and the use of the internet.
• Exceptional skills in working with large system operations and organizations.
• Clinical understanding with good working knowledge of DSM – V diagnoses would be an asset.
The COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement and a condition of employment. Offers of employment will be conditional upon proof of full immunization against COVID-19 with a Health Canada approved vaccine, prior to the candidates’ start date.
Candidates meeting the above criteria who wish to apply for this exciting opportunity should email their cover letter and resume to Human Resources at [email protected].
Application closing date: The posting will remain active on the website until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted
Program Manager – Post Discharge Transition & Supportive Living... Calgary jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.