The Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre
The Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre Brockville Canada
2 months ago
Manager, Patient Care Services (Casual)
Forensic Psychiatry - BMHC
Brockville Mental Health Centre
About The Royal
As one of Canada’s foremost mental health care and academic health science centres, The Royal has a clear purpose: to get more people living with mental illness into recovery faster. This is at the core of everything we do and it is driven by the passion, focus and dedication of our employees. Every day, the work that we do transforms the lives of people with mental illness through specialized mental healthcare, advocacy, research and education.
Reporting to the Director, Patient Care Services, the Manager, Patient Care Services (MPCS) provides front line professional and administrative leadership for the team in the delivery of mental health services. The MPCS is accountable for the... quality of Forensic Mental Health Service clients receive and for monitoring and maintaining appropriate standards of an interdisciplinary professional mental health team in accordance with established standards of practice and policy.
• Provides an administrative and clinical management presence on evenings, nights, and weekends.
• Point of contact after hours (interdisciplinary team, other departments, and external stakeholders) related to overall patient care.
• Responsible for management of emergencies off hours and deployment of staff as needed.
• Ensures patient safety by monitoring assignments and intervening, reassigning or taking over patient care in extraordinary circumstances.
• Participates in efficient and effective assignment and utilization of human resources to maintain safe staffing levels within applicable collective agreements, policies, procedures and legal requirements.
• Coordinates inter-agency patient flow and access to beds as needed in collaboration with staff.
• Ensures work is performed within hospital policy, guidelines and within regulatory standards established by the College of Nurses.
• Oversees and evaluates nursing care and provide opportunities for improved patient outcomes.
• Ensures deployment of resources in response to emergency codes.
• Monitors and responds with recommendations to eIMS reports for all shifts as required.
• Assists other managers of clinical programs as required.
• Assists in the recruitment of qualified personnel, disciplinary action up to and including termination of direct reports.
• Coaches, mentors and supports employees through performance reviews and attendance management programs.
• Provides input into operating and capital budget development of programs as requested.
• Works in a manner that is conducive with staff and patient/client safety practices, policies and procedures of The Royal.
• Ensures a work environment that is conducive to The Royal’s Anti-Racism, Harassment & Discrimination Free Workplace policy.
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• BScN is preferred.
• Able to meet the standards of nursing practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• CPMHN(c) is an asset.
• Recent leadership experience is preferred.
• Minimum 3+ year’s clinical experience in acute care is required.
• Membership in a professional nursing or other related organization is preferred.
• Completion of CPI or equivalent and CPR certification within the last 12 months.
• Understanding of MHA and relevant legislation.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Must complete RAI-MH training upon hire. Input into the RAI-MH system is required.
• Demonstrated leadership qualities and superior interpersonal skills.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships.
• Budget experience an asset.
• English level A- is mandatory in oral expression, oral comprehension, reading comprehension and written expression. Bilingual (French/English) is considered an asset.
• All applicants must provide a recent resume that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications.
• The Royal sincerely thanks all applicants for their interest in a career with us; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
• All new hires will be required to obtain a clear and valid Criminal Record or Vulnerable Sector Records Check as a pre-condition of employment.
• The Royal is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the recruitment process
Manager, Patient Care Services Brockville jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.