Bluetownonline Ltd London United Kingdom
2 months ago
Job Title: Quality Assurance Technician
Location: High Post, Salisbury
Salary: £24,000-£27,000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent/Full-time
Chemring is a FTSE-250 listed global business that specialises in the manufacture of high technology products and the provision of services to the aerospace, defence and security markets. Employing approximately 2,500 people worldwide and with production facilities in the UK, US, Australia and Norway, Chemring meets the needs of customers in more than fifty countries.
With a diverse portfolio of products and services that span both physical and digital environments Chemring's exceptional teams deliver innovative technologies to protect people, platforms, missions and information against constantly changing threats. Our brand values of safety, excellence and innovation are played out every day by our people globally.
Chemring Countermeasures is a world leading and innovative company, designing and developing countermeasure solutions to... armed forces throughout the world. We are part of the Chemring Group of companies and have a solid global infrastructure, which also helps us to thrive.
We have more than 50 years' experience at the forefront of Radio Frequency (RF) and Infrared (IR) expendable decoy research, design and manufacture, and as a company with a culture of innovation, operational excellence and safety, we operate at the leading edge of expendable countermeasure technology.
We are now looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Technician to join our team on permanent basis.
To support the Quality Assurance Inspector in the day-to-day activities regarding goods inwards inspection:
• Ensure goods inwards checks are conducted according to set methods, and to the appropriate level and accuracy
• Ensure accurate records are maintained for goods inwards
• Reporting of any issues found at incoming goods to support business continuity and planning
• Act as deputy to the Quality Assurance Inspector in their absence
To support the Calibration Manager in the day-to-day calibration activities:
• Perform internal calibration of gauges and hand tools against the documented calibration methods
• Arrange for external calibrations of equipment
• Ensure calibrated equipment is managed through the calibration database
• Ensure accurate calibration records are maintained
• Act as deputy to the Calibration Manager in their absence
To support the Instrumentation Team in Trials activities:
• Help in the setup, operation and break down of trials equipment
• Ability to support onsite and offsite trials
• Support accurate data collection for trials
• Any other reasonable support for Instrumentation activities
• Right to live and work in the UK, with ability to obtain SC level clearance (5 years British residency)
• Level 3 NVQ in a Technical Area
• Experience with ISO9001:2015
• Awareness of Metrology standards
• Knowledge of Component Inspection Techniques and Equipment
• Proficient in MS Office
• Ability to read engineering drawings and use basic metrology equipment i.e. Micrometers, Digital Calipers etc.
As part of our continual investment in the very best people to contribute to our delivery of highly reliable solutions, we are seeking individuals who are not only of the highest calibre for today's business but have the capability to perform at even higher standards to meet the needs of tomorrow's threats facing our armed forces.
Armed Forces Covenant:
We are proud to support the armed forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Quality Control Inspector, QC Technician, Quality Control Coordinator, Quality Assurance Operator, Quality Control Analyst, Quality Compliance Officer, Quality Assurance Inspector, Manufacturing Quality Control and Production Quality Assurance may also be considered for this role
Quality Assurance Technician London jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.