William Osler Health System
William Osler Health System Toronto Canada
1 month ago
Registered Nurse at William Osler Health System (Etobicoke General Hospital)
· Etobicoke, Toronto, ON, Canada
· Departments: E. 5th Level Mental Health Day Treatment – 0571.340762555
· Site: Etobicoke General Hospital
· Program: MENTAL HEALTH
· Union Group: ONA
· Employment Type: Full Time
· Schedule: Days/Evenings
· Contract Type: Permanent
· Job Category: Mental Health
One of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for many consecutive years, William Osler Health System (Osler) provides a safe and supportive health care network to grow your career. Osler is nationally recognized for its commitment to patient safety and is accredited with Exemplary Standing, the highest rating a Canadian hospital can receive. As a major Ontario hospital system, and home to some of the biggest specialty and emergency departments in the country, Osler serves the 1.3 million residents of Brampton, Etobicoke and surrounding... communities. We are proud to offer you incredible exposure to best-in-class health care delivery and challenging hands-on opportunities to stay at the top of your game.
A hospital system built for and by the community, we continue to expand our services to meet the needs of a growing population, creating opportunities for increased hands-on skills development, cross-department training and promotional opportunities. Guided by our accomplished senior leadership team, together we are driving our vision of patient-inspired health care without boundaries.
At Osler, we invest in careers that go beyond where health care professionals like you can achieve their goals and find deep personal and professional fulfillment. Join our team today!
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a regulated health care professional who is accountable and responsible for providing quality patient focused nursing care to patients in the inpatient Adult Mental Health Unit. As part of the inter-professional health care team, the RN will practice according to the nursing practice expectations set by Osler, the regulatory practice standards of the College of Nurses and the legislative requirements set by the Regulated Health Professions Act.
• Safe nursing practice in all aspects of the nursing process: assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care
• Compliance with policies and procedures associated with observations
• Professional, patient-centred care to ensure patient safety and physiological and psychological well-being, associated with creating a therapeutic relationship and environment
• Providing care in a compassionate and caring manner within a diverse cultural environment
• Practicing according to the infection control and prevention measures
• Responding to emergency situations by recognizing changes in patient’s health status and consulting appropriately when necessary using transfer of accountability principles
• Providing health teaching to patients and families including thorough discharge instructions to ensure the continuity of care in the community
• Experience within the last eight years, with a minimum of five years within mental health required
Canadian Nurses Association certification in psychiatric mental health nursing preferred
• Knowledge of crisis intervention model required
• Knowledge of Mental Health Act required
• Ability to recognize, intervene, and de-escalate clinical and psychosocial situations, as well as, management of behaviours is required
• Current registration, and in good standing, with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Sound knowledge of nursing process, theory, and responsibilities to the nursing profession
• BCLS required
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, conflict-resolution and decision-making skills required
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an inter-professional team
• Demonstrated knowledge of patient and family-centred care
• Demonstrated experience with patient and family health teaching required
• Demonstrated leadership and facilitation skills required
• Demonstrated excellent customer service, organizational and critical-thinking skills required
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development as it applies to the profession and related field
• Demonstrated ability to work in a stressful and fast-paced environment
• Exemplary clinical practice within an inter-professional team to develop appropriate strategies for patient care
• Ability to prioritize patient care needs and make autonomous decisions
• Excellent physical assessment skills required
• Ability to promote a healthy work environment and practice excellent client safety guidelines
• Knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Must demonstrate Osler Values of Respect, Excellence, Service, Compassion, Innovation and Collaboration
• May be required to travel and work between all Osler sites
• Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record
• Knowledge and understanding of information systems and technology
Hours: Currently days/evenings shifts including weekends and statutory holidays (subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at [email protected].
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.
If you would like to apply to this role, please forward your resume to [email protected]
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.