Thermo Fisher Ireland (+7 others) Belgium
2 months ago
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and join a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $40 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and chances to create significant contributions to the world.
Are you passionate about making a difference within the Life Science segment and want a role that combines science, training, troubleshooting, and working with customers in various scientific domains? Then come be a part of a company known as a fast-paced global leader in serving science,
We are looking for a self-motivated and expert individual to support our Stem Cell and Neurobiology product portfolio as a Field Application Scientist (FAS). The stem cell field is undergoing an exciting period of rapid growth in research into crafting induced pluripotent... stem cells, differentiation into other cell types for research into stem cell-derived therapies. Growing relationships and providing technical support to those customers are an essential part of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s mission of enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer. As a member of our team you will work with a multi-disciplinary matrixed group that includes commercial representatives, R&D scientists, product management, and marketing development specialists. You will act as the technical authority for our products, providing pre- and post-sales product support to customers, leading seminars and demos, and running internal and external training as needed.
This is a field-based role with a territory covering all of Europe. You will be on the road travelling to meet with customers c.3 days per week (60% of working time) including regular overnight stays. When not travelling, you will be able to work from home. We are happy to consider qualified candidates based anywhere in Western Europe.
What will you do?
• Provide independent on-site and remote scientific application training & support
• Deliver product-specific consultations and pre-sales demos
• Prepare and present seminars to wide array of audiences
• Represent the Cell Biology division of Thermo Fisher Scientific at conferences and vendor shows to present products and capture customer feedback
• Work with internal teams to develop and update workflow applications and educational content for customer training in the form of videos, seminars, training manuals etc.
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in Cell Biology, or related field
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• PhD and 2 years (or BS/MS and 3-4 years) of hands-on experience in stem cells or neurobiology
• Must be proficient with stem cell culture and somatic cell reprogramming
• Experience working with ipsc-derived cells including neurological cells highly desired
• Knowledge of or experience in gene editing preferred
• Strong understanding of customer requirements
• Demonstrates judgement, tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers as well as confidently handling confidential and proprietary information
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills; capable of interacting with a diverse population
• Must possess self-motivation, passion, a positive demeanour and perform as a phenomenal teammate
• The ability to work independently with little supervision and a strong work ethic is critical
• Comfortable working in both an office and lab environment. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties
• Flexibility to travel throughout area of responsibility (up to 60% of working time), including regular overnight stays
• Valid driving licence
What’s in it for you:
• Excellent career progression opportunities with a large and growing global employer
• Competitive salary, plus annual incentive bonus
• Full benefits package (specifics depend on country of hire)
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
Ireland (+7 others)
Jobs in Ireland (+7 others) Belgium
Field Application Scientist, Stem Cells - UK and Europe Ireland (+7 others) jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.