Developments in Literacy
Developments in Literacy Pakistan Pakistan
2 months ago
3rd April, 2023
Last date to apply
10th April, 2023
Kala Shakaku/ Mandianwal
The project coordinator should be familiar with rural area education system and issues; have experience launching new initiatives; comfortable with technology and communication tools; be flexible in adapting approaches to local conditions; and be able to articulate project objectives and motivate the project team. This position supervises school staff and collaborates with other DIL departments and project stakeholders. This position reports to the Lahore Project Manager, consults with Sr. Manager IT Program, Reading Program Manager, Gateway Program Manager, Alumni Affairs Manager, and interacts with other professionals and organizations working in rural education sector.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
(i) Project Management
• To maintain... the overall quality of all schools in assigned area and to ensure that they are in line with DIL standards and indicators.
• Ensure communication and coordination between DIL and entire project, including (but not limited to) all stake holders.
• To guide and facilitate all school/program staff for creative problem solving of issues as and when they emerge.
• To conduct participatory and comprehensive reviews of targets on regular basis and to ensure progress and improvement of the project.
• To facilitate all the concerned program and school staff in developing and maintaining school enhancement and quality improvement plans with measureable targets.
• To develop and plan for future annual and current subsidiary activities and interventions to ensure project growth and strengthening.
• Oversee and facilitate successful implementation of yearly, quarterly and monthly Activity plans.
• To coordinate with education departments in the related districts to (including but not limited to) register DIL schools with the Examination Boards.
• To plan and budget new pilots or initiatives in discussion with Project Manager, Senior Program Manager and manage successful implementation of pilots/new initiatives.
• To prepare and submit annual project plans and budgets of the assigned project on the assigned dates.
• To recommend changes (if and where needed) in project’s approved annual budget.
(i) Monitoring and Information Management
• To monitor and facilitate project’s progress and performance for quality outcomes
• To monitor project deliverables are in line with the project plan and budget and recommend changes as required in discussion with DIL management
• To monitor projects through participatory and transparent methods to identify and resolve weaknesses and build on their strengths in design, implementation and process
• To monitor the resource and learning materials allocation to project schools, their timely distribution and appropriate use.
• Ensure timely collection and processing of data as requested by Program Director.
(ii) Documentation and Reporting
• To maintain all project related records, as well as documentation of review meetings
• Prepare and submit quarterly narrative and budget reports for each project and disseminate on quarterly basis
• Contribute towards the preparation of donor reports.
• Maintain projects’ photographs and archive
(iii) Gateway & Alumni Affairs Activities
• Under supervision of the Gateway & Alumni Affairs managers, conduct Life Skills sessions for senior students and maintain contact with graduates
• Liaise with communities, especially mothers, to facilitate Life Skills Objectives
• Maintain database of graduates
• Search scholarship/internship opportunities and facilitate students to avail them
5% of the time to be used for tasks as and when assigned by Project Manager and senior Program Manager
Masters Degree from a recognized university in Education,
Social / Project Management /Management Sciences
• Ability to effectively express ideas orally and in writing
• Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment in applying standards to a variety of work situations
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by work assignments
• Ability to adapt to changes in work schedule and environment.
• A multitasking spirit to handle tough situations and stringent circumstances
• A pro-active attitude
• Interpersonal and Communication
• Proven track record of fostering team work and performing effectively in a team
• * Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to create a climate of trust and transparency
• Facilitation and People Management Skills
• Competence in the use of standard software applications i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint
5 - 7 years experience with at least 3 years in Development and/or Education Sector
• Proficiency in written and spoken English besides local language,
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications,
• Understanding and field experience of School Management and Social Mobilization
DIL Core Values and Commitments;
• Transformation: We transform lives and empower communities by pursuing innovative ideas and approaches that improve students' learning outcomes and soft skills
• Excellence: We are committed to achieving the highest level of impact through excellence in service delivery and educational products
• Collaboration: We take a democratic and participatory approach in all aspects of our work
• Equity: We exercise fairness, compassion and respect when dealing with each other and those around us
• Integrity: We strive to set high moral and ethical standards for ourselves and to gain the trust of others
• Transparency: We exercise strong internal controls and transparency and are fully accountable to our donors and the people we serve
• Flexibility: We drive and embrace change and are willing to try out different, pioneering approaches
DIL is committed to ensuring that DIL staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the DIL’s Child Protection Policy
Project Coordinator Pakistan jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.