AECOM Energy United States United States
1 month ago
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world...
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Water/Wastewater Project Engineer for immediate employment in the Milwaukee, WI office to support various projects for Municipal, State, Federal and private clients – with an emphasis on conveyance and pumping systems and or water/wastewater plant work.
You will perform a variety of tasks, including but not limited to, site investigations, field measurements, existing utility investigations, conveyance design, hydraulic modeling, capacity studies, condition assessments, environmental permitting, lift station evaluation/design, construction administration and observation. You will provide engineering design and construction drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D and or AutoCAD/REVIT. You will work on projects from the planning and design phase, through permitting and construction.
• Utilizes basic engineering principles, judgement, theories, practices, and existing technologies to develop solutions for technical problems with limited scope
• Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures and practices
• Works on routine or detailed engineering assignments involving calculations and engineering analysis
• Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with little supervision
• Proposes approaches to solve new problems
• Identifies discrepancies in outcomes, results, and analysis of engineering tasks
• Provides guidance to entry-level engineers
• Software use includes, but is not limited to: AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD/REVIT/ ArcGIS, Microsoft Office, etc
• Record and interpret data, conduct analyses, compare findings to relevant studies and local, state, and federal regulations to ensure compliance
• Perform site visits and field observations during construction
• Work under supervision of a senior project manager in the water/wastewater practice or senior level team members
• Able to conduct occasional field work, tolerate variable environmental conditions, walk on uneven surfaces, and lift and carry at least 50 pounds, when needed
• Occasional business travel may be required
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or related discipline
• 2+ years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Engineer-In-Training (EIT) Certification
• Two (2) plus years’ experience in the planning, permitting, and design of water and wastewater conveyance projects and or water/wastewater plant work
• Experience in task management or project management
• Two (2) plus years’ experience in generating pipeline construction drawings and plans in AutoCAD Civil3D, and or plant drawings with AutoCAD/REVIT
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
Business Line: Water
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: West
Career Area: Engineering
Work Location Model: Hybrid
Jobs in United States United States
Civil Engineer II (Water/Wastewater) United States jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.