Plexus Guadalajara Jalisco Mexico
1 month ago
Purpose Statement: Responsible for the providing accurate and timely material pricing information to enable Plexus Corporation to provide industry competitive pricing quotations in support of current customers and new business development opportunities.
Key Job Accountabilities:
• Obtain clear, detailed understanding of proposal strategy and communicate with the materials costing team. Manage quotation requests with appropriate suppliers to ensure industry competitive component pricing within the requested time frame.
• On re-pricing and initial bid for buy quotes, ensure EC's are up to date and accurate as cost reduction activities are occurring. Coordinate communication with site FA's and materials team on revisions to EC's. Work closely with commodity team to capture cost reductions and utilize in recommendations.
• Assume ownership for materials costing activity, providing competitive, accurate, material pricing by the established due date.
• Review current QC's, develop... suggested QC's to meet PPV objectives while balancing customer cost needs. Work with commodity team to stay in tune with the marketplace, understand and communicate market trend and life cycle knowledge to the sites as they are developing quoted costs. Work with site teams and customer management to implement suggested QC's, escalate if needed.
• Provide and analyze the costed BOM and have the ability to identify the supplier of choice consistent with company directions. Communicate with Costing Team to provide updates and advise of materials status throughout the costing cycle.
• Assist in providing feedback to Plexus Corporation suppliers as to their competitiveness and timeliness to Plexus Corporation requests.
• Understand the marketplace and maintain knowledge of the key suppliers and manufacturers.
• Participate in Executive Proposal Review to address any materials related questions and/or concerns. Present professional approach to suppliers, customers and potential customers as required during the quotation process.
• Establish and maintain relationships with key manufacturers and matrix suppliers to ensure Plexus Corporation receives registered and/or contracted pricing for all applicable components.
• Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering or a related discipline is required; a Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering and 5+ years' experience in commodity or purchasing roles appropriate to commodity position is preferred.
• Five (5) years of related experience is required; Ten (10) or more years of related experience is preferred.
• ISM seminars or membership, CPM or APP certification, APICS seminars or certification and KARASS Negotiating would be beneficial.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
• Intermediate Computer Skills.
• Intermediate Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills.
• Intermediate Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
• The employee must be self-motivated with the ability to follow through on assignments with little to no supervision.
• The employee must possess the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, basic math skills, and organizational skills are paramount for the employee to successfully perform in this position.
• The employee must be able to successfully multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
• The employee must possess knowledge of quoting principles, blueprint reading, in addition to computer literacy in Microsoft Office, JDE, Agile, QuoteWin, and GMDW.
• General office equipment and materials.
• The work setting should consist of an office environment with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a low noise level.
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform
Guadalajara Jalisco Mexico
Jobs in Guadalajara Jalisco Mexico
Materials Costing Specialist II Guadalajara jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.