Hatch Saskatoon Canada
1 month ago
Requisition ID: 81225
Job Category: Campus; Engineering
Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Join our Project Delivery Group (PDG), a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe. With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional... We look forward to hearing from you.
Hatch is seeking Control, Automation and Electrical Junior Designers / Technologists who are working towards graduating in 2023, or are a recent graduate, with interest in Instrumentation and Control engineering or Electrical and Power system engineering in our Project Delivery Group. Reporting to the Control, Automation & Electrical discipline lead Engineer, you will support projects globally working from our Saskatoon office with opportunities in other Hatch offices and at project job sites.
What Will a Career at Hatch Offer You?
• Be given opportunities to contribute to complex projects in meaningful ways
• Gain project experience in Canada and around the world
• Collaborate with employees from different cultures around our global organization
• Work in an exciting environment where you can use your degree in your choice of traditional sectors or emerging and innovative industries
• Gain relevant experience and support in obtaining your professional designation
• Benefit from formal and informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry
• Participate in local Professional Development Programs, Toastmasters, and more to develop your skills
• Join in charitable, social, and sports activities with other Hatch employees
We’re entrepreneurs with a technical soul. Our flat organizational structure creates an atmosphere of openness and participation. You’ll work on problems and be given opportunities in the office and on project sites that you have never had before.
• Coordinate design and work as a draftsperson in the preparation of contract drawings, record keeping and other statistical work
• Work independently and as part of a team to produce and maintain technical and engineering deliverables for a variety of projects
• In conjunction with engineering staff, prepare electrical deliverables including but not limited to:
• Design 2D Deliverables (single line diagrams, loop drawings, interconnection diagrams, instrument layouts, schematics)
• Develop and check 3D models in an integrated CAD (MicroStation as well as AutoCAD) environment
• Calculations (voltage drop, grounding, lighting, etc.)
• Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
• Engineering lists (load list, equipment list, cable and raceway schedules, material take-offs, instrument lists, loop drawings, termination schedules)
• Design and maintain Motor Control Circuit (MCC) configuration and control panel arrangements
• Assist in review and design of vendor package interfaces
• Develop design details to meet project specific and Hatch design criteria and standards
• Ensure coordination with designers and engineers of other disciplines
• There are opportunities in your career to prepare:
• Procurement packages (equipment specifications, technical bid evaluations, vendor data review)
• Power system modeling and design (ETAP, SKM, EasyPower, etc.),
• Program using PLC and/or DCS as per project requirements
• Become knowledgeable with electrical/Instrumentation design and their practical applications, regional codes and standards (CSA, NEC, IEC, etc.), various engineering design tools and applications, and Hatch’s quality procedures
• Work collaboratively in a multi-discipline environment to deliver the best solution for our clients
• Assist our senior engineers and designers with their responsibilities including but not limited to checking engineering deliverables, attending design reviews, quality reviews, and participating in site inspections and walkdowns
• Willing and able to travel to project sites (office and construction) including remote site locations
Education and Experience:
• Working towards graduating or a recent graduate with an electrical engineering technician or technologist diploma (Electrical or Instrumentation)
• Proficient in the use of AutoCAD or MicroStation 2D and 3D.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Knowledge of electrical systems designs for industrial facilities.
• Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Self-starter with the ability work both in a team environment and independently.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code and ISA standards
Competencies (knowledge, skill, attributes):
• Good understanding of engineering and business fundamentals as they apply to engineering problems and projects
• Ability to learn quickly and to take on new challenges
• Have demonstrated technical aptitude
• Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Shows critical and creative thinking and problem solving, and brings forward solutions for our clients' toughest challenges
• Adapts and embraces change
• Has a strong sense of health and safety
Note: Applicants must submit a transcript (official or unofficial) upon application.
Why join us?
• Work with great people to make a difference
• Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
• Top employer
What we offer you?
• Flexible work environment
• Long term career development
• Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
NG2023 - Saskatoon - Electrical-Junior Designer jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.