Essex Cares Maldon United Kingdom
2 months ago
Speech and Language Therapist
Speech and Language Therapist
Salary: £17,828 - £24,000 per annum* (FTE £40,000 - £44,570)
Travel to ECL Day services across Essex (Basildon,Benfleet, Braintree, Brentwood, Canvey Island, Chelmsford, Clacton-on-sea, Colchester, Harlow, Loughton, Maldon and Saffron Walden).
Part time - approx 14 hours per week
Are you a Speech and Language Therapist interested in working within a skilled clinical team as part of our Day Services? If so, we have the ideal role for you!
We currently have an opportunity for a Speech and Language Therapist to join our clinical team. We are passionate about providing an excellent clinical service with therapists who care about providing the best clinical outcomes.
The Speech and Language Therapy role is an exciting and specialist clinical role, covering multiple sites across ECL Day Services. Access to your own means of transport is essential due to the regional nature of the... role.
Working as part of a Multi-Disciplinary Team under the Clinical Lead you will receive regular clinical supervision, peer support from other disciplines such as OT, Physiotherapy and PBS and the opportunity to grow your knowledge and experience in the Speech and Language Therapy Field.
You will have the opportunity to be part an ECL wider development of strategy, design and implementation of Augmentative Alternative Communication (AAC) for customers attending ECL day services.
• To plan, review and develop Communication Strategies and Swallowing Guidance for customers with a wide variety of complex needs in line with their own outcomes/goals.
• To co-develop and provide comprehensive training across the Day Services service in ECL to upskill support worker’s ability to support and care for those with complex physical, behavioural, communication and sensory needs.
• To review communication and swallowing advice and guidance given to adults with LD/PMLD or Older Adults within the Day services.
• To be responsible for your own caseload, working as an autonomous practitioner alongside a small team, as part of a wider, countywide service.
• Manage Customer Speech and Language Therapy needs through close liaison with the local NHS service.
• A recognised degree in Speech and Language Therapy (Valid HCPC Registration)
• Six months post qualification work experience as a Speech and Language Therapist (we will consider newly qualified).
• Evidence of ongoing professional development.
• Membership of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapist (RCSLT)
• 27 days annual leave per annum plus bank holidays, rising with service
• Free DBS check
• Contributory pension scheme
• 45p per mile when travelling between sites (up to 10,000 miles p/a)
• Healthcare cash plan to claim back cost of dental, optical and other health treatments
• Genuine job satisfaction
• Annual salary reviews and performance bonus
• Discount retail schemes
• Career progression and ongoing development
To view the full job description for this role, please click here.
To learn more about our Clinical team, watch our short video
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitable candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We have a written policy on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders, which is available to view here.
We are proud to be part of the Disability Confident scheme which helps to employ, support and promote disabled people in the workplace.
Tweet Apply now
Speech and Language Therapist Maldon jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.