Sheridan College Brampton Canada
1 month ago
Sheridan Seeks Part-time Professors To Teach In The Following Programs Within The School Of Skilled Trades And Apprenticeships
Sheridan is looking for outstanding individuals to join our faculty team in the Welding Skilled Trades programs. These programs provide students with a high degree of practical skills and theoretical knowledge in industrial and or construction trade sectors.
Welding Techniques (PWLDT)
Welding and Fabrication Technician (PWLFT)
Dual Credit Welding & Tooling Program (STDWD)
To view course outlines, visit: www.sheridancollege.ca/academics/programs-and-courses/course-outline-search
Sheridan professors are responsible for developing an effective learning environment for students while respecting their diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences, and individual learning styles.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Delivering course curriculum in classroom and/or online, which includes ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach and evaluation... techniques;
• Tutoring and academic counselling of students, while evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the students’ work within assigned courses;
• Defining, evaluating and validating learning outcomes and designing appropriate strategies and tools for assessing student learning;
• Developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations and incorporating technology into the learning process where applicable;
• Attending periodic faculty meetings.
You have a passion for sharing your knowledge with others and contributing to the advancement of your field.
You respect equity and diversity and value participating in and creating safe and inclusive environments at work and in the community.
You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
You are an agile individual with an ability to respond and adapt to change while using your problem-solving skills to most appropriately and effectively support each student’s unique needs.
You are excited to learn to use new technology, software and applications to teach effectively in today’s digital age.
The Successful Candidate(s) Will Also Meet The Following Qualifications
• Licensed/certified in the appropriate skilled trade sector required, Red Seal or C of Q in 456A Welder and/or 437A Metal Fabricator;
• Minimum of 10 years related professional experience;
• Open availability to teach daytime, evenings, and weekends is preferred;
• Experience in teaching on-campus, online or in a hybrid format at the post-secondary level or equivalent experience as a trainer in industry preferred;
• Experience in curriculum development at the post-secondary level or equivalent is preferred;
• Formal studies in adult or higher education an asset;
• Strong network of contacts with other professionals in the Skilled Trades industry;
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
• Demonstrable ability to convey the conceptual and applied aspects of knowledge to a broad range of students;
• Committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to working within a team environment.
Who We Are
Every member of the Sheridan community is passionate about the transformational role we play in people’s lives. Our strategic plan, Sheridan 2024: Galvanizing Education for a Complex World (https://sheridan2024.sheridancollege.ca/), charts a path towards a new ground-breaking model of higher education that reshapes post-secondary education and better prepares students for the future. We are committed to demonstrably advancing equity, diversity and inclusivity. Diversity is our strength and fuels our commitment to excellence. Across our campuses, we’re making meaningful strides towards developing an equitable and inclusive community.
• For more information, visit: Why Work at Sheridan
Faculty/Department: Faculty of Applied Science and Technology
Campus Location: Davis (may be assigned activities at any Sheridan campus).
Employee Group: Part-time Faculty
Salary Range: Based on relevant educational qualifications and experience
Start Date: Spring/Summer 2023
Application Details: As part of the selection process, shortlisted candidates will be asked to demonstrate their competencies in the lab environment by performing various welding processes.
Application Deadline: May 1st, 2023
Sheridan is deeply committed to implementing the Calls to Action framed by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. We acknowledge that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nations, Anishinaabe Nation, Huron-Wendat and the Haudenosaunee Confederacy. Sheridan is situated on these lands, and it is our collective responsibility to honour and respect those who have gone before us, those who are here, and those who have yet to come. We are grateful for the opportunity to be working on this land.
Sheridan values the diverse and intersectional identities of its students, faculty, and staff. Sheridan regards equity and diversity as an integral part of academic excellence and is committed to accessibility for all employees. Sheridan seeks applicants who embrace our values of equity, anti-racism, and inclusion. As such, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including those who identify as First Nations, Métis and/or Inuit/Inuk, Black, members of racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
Sheridan is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any application, interview, or workplace accommodation requests, please contact Human Resources.
You may be asked to provide copies of your educational credentials at the time of interview. Upon hire, we require official confirmation of educational credentials and Canadian equivalency assessments, if applicable
Professor, Skilled Trades - Welding (Part-Time) Brampton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.