Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered Bank Lusaka Zambia
2 months ago
The Role Responsibilities:
• At Standard Chartered we are differentiated by our extensive global footprint, an intimate appreciation of the local markets we are present in and diversified expertise. Financial Markets supports clients in managing risk, raising capital and diversifying investments through bespoke solutions and trusted relationships.
• Our strengths include trading foreign exchange, rates, credit and commodity products as well as financing and arranging debt issuance; all augmented by our award-winning Research team and eCommerce capabilities, delivered through our dedicated Sales Teams.
• Financial Markets Sales delivers comprehensive financing, risk management and investment solutions to the Bank's corporate, government, and institutional clients. The team works hand-in-hand with Relationship Managers, Structuring, Trading and Research to deliver best-in-class solutions for our clients across Foreign Exchange, Money Markets, Rates, Credit and... Commodities.
• Contribute to the global franchise development, reviewing all flows and market movements across Zambia, and other regions which the Group operates.
• Support the development of a productive working relationship with the client's key decision makers through calling, visits, and provision of relevant ideas.
• To increase the Bank's Share of existing client business (FX, Rates, Money Market and Structured Products) and enlarging the current portfolio of Corporate clients.
• Work with Relationship Managers to originate new clients to market and sell Financial Market products.
• Diligent coverage of the daily flow business meeting all required standards and procedures.
• Assist with the automation of product offering to Clients.
• Demonstrate awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates.
• Deliver on assigned tasks and projects.
• Contribute towards identifying opportunities for the desks across geographies and client segments.
• To set up new revenue streams by exploring new market niches and selectively introducing new products.
• To set up a clear and coherent marketing plan.
• To set up an aggressive calling plan across existing & potential clients.
• To monitor business performance on an ongoing business vis-à-vis budget & take proactive measures to achieve it.
• To ensure that necessary steps are taken to address regulatory and internal control guidelines.
• To manage an exclusive list of clients as and when required to do so.
• Ensure adherence to all internal and external regulations.
• Ensure adherence with the obligations to prevent money laundering under the Group Policy and Standards and under local laws and regulations.
• Contribute towards highlighting any need to update procedures and controls as a result of changes in products, systems, policy or regulations.
People and Talent:
• Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations amongst colleagues and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
• Ensure active communication of priorities and progress to the business to foster engagement, awareness and motivation.
• Contribute to continuous process improvement and sharing best practice.
• Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters. Embed the Group's values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
• Adherence to all Group Policies and relevant legislation covering credit, operational, reputational risk among others.
• Commitment to Group Code of Conduct.
• Timely completion of all e-leaning, attestations and requests for information.
• Regulatory & Business conduct: Individual ownership in line with the Standard Chartered Conduct Principals to ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, other applicable laws (e.g. laws governing securities activities, company law) and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
• Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
• Willingness to 'speak up' in the event of any realised or perceived breach of group conduct rules or laws by colleagues.
• Willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory and Business Conduct:
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Support the Financial Markets team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• Local regulator prescribed responsibilities.
• Relationship Teams
• Financial Markets Head
• Financial Markets Trading, Sales, Structuring, Financing and Research Teams
• Product Partners
• Operations and Technology
• Finance, Control & Risk Functions
• Legal and Compliance
• Credit and Market Risk Officers
• Demonstrate Here for Good and Group's brand and values in daily behaviour
• Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
Our Ideal Candidate:
• A University degree with a preferred Post Graduate/ professional qualification.
• Knowledge of the foreign Exchange and Money Markets and the products accessible is a must.
• ACI Certification
• Should be conversant with all operational aspects of Financial Markets.
• Must possess the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
• Mathematics and computer skills are required.
• A sound economic background is a must
• Must possess good analytical skills to be able to structure deals.
• Must possess excellent Marketing and Communications skills.
• Should have good interpersonal skills.
• Must possess excellent Marketing and Communications skills.
• Should have good interpersonal skills
Role Specific Competencies:
• Client Relationship Management
• Understanding Customer Needs
• Customer Behaviour and Preferences
• Sales Proposals and Presentations
• Solve Problems
• Sales Tasks and Activities
• FX, Rates, MM, Commodities and Credit
• Financial Risk Management
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
• Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
• Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
• Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
• Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
• Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
• Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
• Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
• A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
• Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website
Associate Director, Financial Markets Sales Lusaka jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.