Technip Energies Malaysia Malaysia
2 months ago
About Technip Energies
At Technip Energies, we believe in a better tomorrow and we believe we can make tomorrow better. With approximately 15,000 talented women and men, we are a global and leading engineering and technology company, with a clear vision to accelerate the energy transition. Designing and delivering added value energy solutions is what we do.
If you share our determination to drive the transition to a low-carbon future, then this could be the job for you. We are currently seeking a Electrical Engineer to join our team based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Successful candidate would be offered fixed term employment.
About The Job
• Contribute productively on project execution and work closely with peers/lead to deliver excellent results.
• Capable to perform detail engineering activities (design basis, calculations) and keen awareness to design drawings (SLD, schematics, layouts drawings, MTOs)
• Able to perform procurement engineering activities. Make... alignment in technical requirement for compliance with tender specifications, data sheets, etc.
• Work efficiently and effectively within budgeted man-hour for each activity assigned.
Job Main Challenges
• Knowledgeable of technical parameters of various electrical equipment and good understanding of specifications and manufacturing process of electrical equipment.
• Capable to perform Electrical network design calculations i.e. load flow, short circuit, transient, arc flash, earthing, etc
• Design and Engineering with power system Softwares ETAP / SKM Power tools / CYME / CDEGS etc.
• Appreciation to equipment and bulk material cost
• Awareness to various contract phases : Conceptual, Pre-FEED, FEED, EPC, EPCM, PMC, Detailed Engineering related to Onshore/Offshore Oil-Gas/Petrochemical projects
• DESIGN BASIS, CODE & STANDARD
• Knowledge of International standards, Industrial standards and practices, ability to specify and varify electrical equipments comply the standards requirement to meet project requirement
• Knowledge of Local Codes and standards and interpretation of the requirement to meet project requirement.
• Knowledge of Local laws and applicable regulatory requirements
• Review and raise clarifications on the equipment supplier docuemnts, ITB (Invitation to Bids), in case of ambiguity in definition / lack of clarity / lack of reference/ areas of doubt etc.
• KNOWLEDGE OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING ACTIVITIES:
• Competent in preparation of technical specificationa and data sheets for electrical equipments (e.g. for transformers, switchgears, Cables, Motors, UPS etc.)
• Competent in carry out electrical network detailed design calculations and system studies like load flow, voltage dips, short circuits, motor starting , transient stability etc, through major international softwares (e.g. ETAP, SKM Power tools, CYME, CDEGS etc )
• Competent in development of detailed engineering calculations and drawings including the preparation of Load list/schedule, Single Line Diagrams, Schematic Diagrams, Logic Diagrams, Cable Schedules and Cable Drum Schedules, Interconnection Schedules, Equipment Layouts.
• Competent in reviewing power, lighting and earthing detailed design including the Lighting System Lay-out and Details, Earthing/Lightning System Layout and Details, Heat Tracing Layout and Details, Installation Standard Drawings and other required documents.
• Good knowldege of technical definition of bulk materials (e.g. Luminaires, Junction boxes, glands, cable trays, termination kits etc.), monitor bulk material estimates and quantities etc.
• Prepare Inquiry Requisitions to vendors, participate in the technical evaluation of vendor bid offers. Perform Technical Bid Evaluations (TBE),
• Independent review of vendor drawings and documents. Ensure vendor equipment specifications meet with client equipment specifications and are within budgeted costs.
• Review plot plans, organize the issuance of engineering drawings and technical documents for Inter-Discipline Checks (IDCs) coordinate with other engineering discipline in the integration of technical data inputs.
• Meet with vendor representatives, participate in factory inspections when required, review of equipment test certificates provide dispatch clearance.
• Analyze and make independent recommandations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accrodance with project guidelines and schedules.
• WORKING DELIVERABLES
Able to prepare effectively in a timely and productive manner,
• Calculation Spreadsheets and study reports
• Technical Data Sheet
• Job specification / Equipment specification
• Material Requisition ( MR /SR )
• Technical Clarification
• Technical Bid Evaluation / Tabulation ( TBE /TBT)
• Input to other disciplines deliverables such as plot plans, civil layout etc.
• Weight data and foundation loading input
• Equipment interface details
• Electrical load list and schedules
• Cable schedules and Cable drum schdules and interconnection schedules
• Bulk material estimates etc.
• VENDOR DATA REVIEW (VDR)
• Independednt review of vendor drawings and documents. Ensure vendor equipment specification meet with client equipment specification and are within budgeted cost.
• Able to conduct VDR meeting with vendor /support Vendor in case of needs to shorten the VDR duration and to achieve project progress.
• Competent to interface with other disciplines like civil, structural and instrumentation
• Able to understand interface issues with other disciplines, and resolve any conflict
• EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURING KNOWLEDGE
• Understand manufacturing process, long lead components, critical specifications of equipments, critical element/ critical path and how its influence the delivery of equipment
• Able to anticipate effectively to improve delivery schedule of Vendor equipment
• ASSUMING SENIOR ENGINEER ROLE
• In absence of immediate supervisor, able to provide total commitment to meet project values, monitoring of progress, and execute within appropriate resources
• To provide pro-activeness, creativity and efficiency in project execution
• Coordinate and plan resources for execution of project.
• Demonstrate readiness for bigger responsibilities.
• TECHNICAL AUDITS
• Particiapte in technical, Quality and QHSES audit and effectively communicate the company values
• Able to effectively investigate and resolve any quality complaints or incidents raised by any interested parties, or when requested by Senior / Lead Engineer.
• Good professional judgment, responsive and pro-active in execution of deliverables to meet project needs, and ability to handle difficult situations arise due to complexities of Project demand
• Produce quality engineering deliverables / service and meeting JV/ Client expectation
• Fulfill QA /QHSES aspects, with acceptable team-works
• The Candidate shall possess a Degree in Electrical Engineering (B.E. Hons) accredited by Board of Engineer Malaysia or approved equivalent.
• Possess at least minimum 3 years of electrical engineering design experiences in onshore / offshore application.
• Professional Engineer (PE) will be advantageous.
Starting Date: Immediate
Once receiving your application, a recruiter performs an initial check and a review is further carried by hiring manager. We expect to take up to a few weeks to perform that review. If you hear from us, it is because we want to organize interviews and meet with you physically, or virtually, depending upon the location. To get an overview of the recruitment process, visit our dedicated webpage here.
We invite you to get to know more about our company by visiting www.technipenergies.com and follow us on LinkedIn , Instagram for company updates
Electrical Engineer Malaysia jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.