Babcock International Salisbury United Kingdom
2 months ago
Licenced Aircraft Engineer
Location: Salisbury, GB, SP4 0JF
Onsite or Hybrid: Hybrid
Job Title: Licenced Aircraft Engineer
Location: Boscombe Down, UK - Onsite
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF: 48847
Be where you matter
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Licenced Aircraft Engineer at Boscombe Down
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation, and flexibility
The Licenced Aircraft Engineer is based within our Aviation business area.
Our Aviation business helps defend nations, save lives, and protect communities through innovative delivery of critical and vital aviation services to the civil and defence sectors. Everyday lives, livelihoods, safety, and security depend on the... operations we fly and enable.
The difference our new Licenced Aircraft Engineer will make
As a Licenced Aircraft Engineer, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. Helping us to support the customers’ requirements
Day to day, you’ll provide a CRS signature when appropriate to release an aircraft to service after either defect rectification or scheduled maintenance, supervise engineering and Flight Line activity on Company aircraft and associated equipment in conformity with authorised schedules, technical publications and instructions ensuring highest standards of maintenance are maintained, undertake scheduled and corrective maintenance of the Babcock Aircraft fleet to ensure airworthiness is maintained to meet customer requirements on a daily basis, undertake or supervise as directed, the investigation, diagnosis and rectification of defects and submission of reports as required complete “all” documentation in accordance with current legislation and Company procedures.
The role is predominantly Monday - Friday day shift as we recongnise the importance of work/life balance. When the occasional weekend work is needed other days off during the week will be arranged or the option of overtime is available.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
• Specific technical knowledge.
• Sound understanding of partnering and alliance between customer and contract.
• EASA/CAA Part 66, B1.2 license - Can be working towards licence and will consider other heavier licences
• Ability to demonstrate practical and theoretical standards required.
• Driving Licence.
• Obtain or have the ability to obtain SC Clearance
• Composite Materials Experience.
• Knowledge of MOD Engineering procedures/documentation.
• Human Factors Qualified.
• Knowledge on propeller aircraft
• Defence industry experience.
• Type Rating on Grob 115E aircraft and Lycoming 360 engines.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
• Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
• Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
• Matched contribution pension scheme up to 4.5% of salary, with life assurance
• Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental, and financial wellbeing
• Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts, and our Share Ownership Scheme
• Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Job Segment: CSR, Engineer, Management, Engineering
Jobs in Salisbury United Kingdom
Licenced Aircraft Engineer Salisbury jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.