BC Securities Commission
BC Securities Commission Vancouver Canada
2 months ago
Forensic Accountant, Investigations
Are you looking for a new challenge in a position where you can make a real difference? In this role, you’ll be performing accounting and data analytics duties to support investigations involving breaches of the Securities Act. In addition, you will help investigators piece together complex evidence to be used in Commission hearings. You will report directly to the Manager, Investigations.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
• Tracing funds
• Collecting, organizing, and analyzing financial and trade data
• Attending investigative interviews
• Preparing charts and tables of evidence for use in hearings
• Testifying at hearings
• Providing advice on accounting rules and requirements.
The successful candidate has:
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree in forensic accounting, finance or related field, and three years of relevant experience, or a combination of these qualifications to... effectively perform the tasks required
• The ability to analyze and interpret large datasets
• Advanced Excel skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• A highly analytical personality with natural skepticism.
Other assets include:
- Knowledge of securities legislation
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course
- Experience handling evidence
- Familiarity with investigative interviews.
What we offer:
- Extensive benefit package including a defined benefit pension plan, medical and dental coverage, Wellness and Health Spending Account benefits, and four weeks of annual vacation
- Hybrid work model
- Beautiful downtown office
- Work life balance
- Professional development opportunities
- A professional and collaborative Enforcement team to work with!
Please visit our Careers page to submit your cover letter and resume for this position, quoting competition 23:116 by April 10, 2023.
The Commission has adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that went into effect on November 1, 2021. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada. Investment restrictions apply. We are an equal opportunity merit-based employer
Forensic Accountant, Investigations Vancouver jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.