Farmer Mac Washington DC United States
2 months ago
As the Enterprise Data Governance Analyst, you will be a key driver to mature Farmer Mac’s Data Governance program as part of Data Strategy execution. You will partner and consult with data stewards, data consumers, and key functional area stakeholders to implement and maintain data governance practices. By ensuring Farmer Mac’s core Enterprise Data Governance pillars are met (Accuracy... Standardization, Security, Availability, and Actionability), you will be making a lasting impact that advances Farmer Mac’s data capabilities to more effectively fulfill its mission.
The People You Will Work With
The position will report directly to the SVP - Enterprise Risk Officer as part of Farmer Mac’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team. While a member of ERM, the position will work closely with stakeholders and leadership across Farmer Mac in various business lines, Finance, IT, and Operations.
Where and When You Will Work
The position will be based in Farmer Mac’s headquarters located at 1999 K Street NW, Washington, DC. And will be hybrid, with some office presence required. We are a Presence with a Purpose work environment, which allows for flexibility of work location while providing the opportunity for teams to come together in the office with purpose. Work outside of core hours may be required for planned and unplanned activities to complete time sensitive projects or to attend off-site meetings or events.
Primary Responsibilities And Duties
• Partner with data stakeholders across the company in updating and governing the enterprise data governance implementation roadmap.
• Serve as a product owner of and champion for the Enterprise Data Warehouse initiative.
• Partner with functional area business leads to gather requirements for Enterprise Data Warehouse.
• Work closely with IT to prioritize development work for sprints, track progress, and organize project meetings.
• Partner with analysts and management across Farmer Mac functional areas to ensure data quality and accessibility through business validation rules, business glossary definitions, and identification of data sources.
• Continue implementation and expansion of software platform (OvalEdge) for data lineage, documentation, and metadata management.
• Work closely with IT and functional area data stewards to create methods and procedures for identifying and maintaining Critical Data Elements, periodic reviews, monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolving data quality issues.
• Ensure compliance with data policy, standards and governance roles, and responsibilities.
• Translate business requirements and develop reporting solutions that yield relevant business information in a user-friendly format by collecting, analyzing, and leveraging data to solve business problems.
• Provide tactical support, which will include gathering requirements, providing technical documentation, demonstrating how solutions will work and be implemented, providing analysis for troubleshooting and reporting, identifying gaps in data governance policy execution, and collaboratively implementing enhancements and data quality curation.
• Communicate progress reports and status updates to leadership and colleagues across functions with audiences of varying technical aptitude.
• Solve ad hoc business problems and assist with facilitating dialog to resolve and to meet the needs of stakeholders.
• Develop data governance artifact templates that are required to be operationalized as part of software development life cycle.
• Apply critical thinking, asking questions, digging in, coming to new conclusions based on the findings.
• Demonstrate strong stakeholder and project management capabilities with key focus on delivery and client orientation.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
• Working knowledge of database management system platforms and related tools such as MS SQL Server, Reporting Services (SSRS), and Integration Services (SSIS).
• Extensive knowledge of data management and lifecycle management, ideally within the finance industry.
• Experience using business intelligence tools (Power BI preferred)
• Working knowledge of data governance tools such as OvalEdge, Alation, Informatica, Collibra (OvalEdge preferred)
• Familiarity with Agile development methodology
• Knowledge of Microsoft Azure DevOps
• Prior experience working with Azure stack
• Proven self-starter with ability to operate with limited supervision
• Excellent communication skills: comfortable and experienced communicating to senior management and colleagues across functional areas
• Demonstrated strong troubleshooting and organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Full MS Suite -- Office, SharePoint, Teams, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel.
Education and Experience
• 5+ years of experience working in a data governance function
• 5+ years of experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, leading cross-functional coordination, and team communications to deliver an array of data product offerings
• 5+ years of related work experience in data management, business intelligence, risk management, or related field
• Bachelor’s degree in STEM, Business, Finance or similar discipline
• Previous consulting experience a plus
Washington DC USA
Jobs in Washington DC United States
Enterprise Data Governance Analyst Washington jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.