City of Baltimore
City of Baltimore Baltimore MD United States
1 month ago
OPENING DATE: 3/29/23
CLOSING DATE: 4/12/23...
SALARY $74,943- $119,750
EDUCATION ACCREDITATION: Applicant’s education must be obtained from an accredited institution. Education credentials obtained out of the US must be evaluated for US equivalency. Evaluation agencies information may be obtained at www.naces.org.
ELIGIBILITY: Qualified candidates will be considered for vacancies as they arise, for a period of at least six months. The decision of the Director of Human Resources with respect to acceptable minimum qualifications is final.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: Eligible candidates under final consideration for appointment to this position identified as positions of trust will be required to authorize the release of and successfully complete a Fingerprint check.
PROBATION: All persons, including current City employees, selected from this position will be on probation for 6 months.
An Information Technology Specialist provides technical support to customers for personal computers, network system infrastructure equipment, including testing, updating, maintaining, and providing training on mainframe client servers and microcomputer software and hardware; responds to helpdesk requests. Work of this class may involve leading and training less experienced IT Specialists, but does not involve full supervisory duties or responsibilities.
Alternate market titles: Systems analyst, applications systems analyst/programmer, database specialist, systems programmer, network engineer, GIS analyst, architectural engineer, business analyst, quality improvement specialist, helpdesk analyst, security analyst.
All candidates indicating the minimum qualifications on their applications will be placed on the eligible list without further examination. The training and experience of each candidate will be evaluated for appropriateness and quantity. It is essential, therefore, that you give complete and accurate information on your application. Vagueness or omission may prevent you from being considered for this position. Qualified candidates will not be listed in rank order.
On or before the date of filing the application, each candidate must:
EDUCATION: Have a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university.
EXPERIENCE: Have one year of related specialty IT experience (for example, but not limited to: system engineering, network engineering, information security, application programming, systems design, hierarchical/relational database management, GIS experience, custom report writing, or developing and supporting cloud-based software integrations). Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Previous IT work lead experience is preferred. Previous IT experience in government is preferred.
NOTES (EQUIVALENCIES): Have an equivalent combination of education and experience. If degree is unrelated to IT, than specialty IT experience is required.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATES: Advanced technical credentials, e.g., Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), preferred.
Knowledges, Skills And Abilities
• Knowledge of the installation, maintenance, and enhancement of microcomputer systems and mainframe client servers.
• Knowledge of the interrelationship of systems analysis, computer programming, and information technology operations.
• Knowledge of current trends and developments in network-based communications systems.
• Knowledge of computer-based communications protocols.
• Skill in developing database queries and generating reports.
• Skill in installing, repairing, and troubleshooting network programs, hardware, and systems.Skill in cartographic map design, accuracy of presentation with required map components and elements, layout and design.
• Ability to analyze, apply logic and solve technology problems.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, management, technical co-workers and support specialists, and system users.
• Ability to design complex systems consisting of a wide variety of programs, procedures, and forms.
• Ability to schedule and perform preventative and corrective maintenance procedures and repairs.
• Ability to write detailed technical reports and analyses.
• Ability to develop a working knowledge of computer systems software and operating systems.
• Ability to develop systems software and systems software testing procedures.
Applicants must provide sufficient information on their application to show that they meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Successful applicants will be placed on the employment certified eligible list for at least six months.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete supplemental questions to further examine specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
NOTE: Those eligible candidates who are under final consideration for appointment to this position will be required to submit to drug and alcohol testing and criminal background check.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Jade Glenn, HR Specialist II via email at [email protected].
BALTIMORE CITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Baltimore MD USA
Jobs in Baltimore MD United States
Senior Data Analyst, Agency IT Specialist III - Department of... Baltimore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.