East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust Ipswich United Kingdom
2 months ago
East Suffolk and North East Essex NHS Trust is seeking enthusiastic, motivated and committed applicants to join the clinical team within the current Medical Microbiology workforce.
The posts are suitable for clinical colleagues with a CCT in Medical Microbiology or dual accreditation in Medical Microbiology/Infectious Diseases, and Consultant Clinical Scientists who have passed the FRCPATH part 2 examination.
The posts are based at Colchester and Ipswich bases within ESNEFT respectively.
An Enhanced Relocation package is available to the right candidate to support moving to the local area.
For Further Information Please Click On The Link Below
This job description is intended to cover the main parts of the post only. Applicants are invited to enquire regarding any point(s) they are unsure about.
• To provide leadership in the management, provision and development of Microbiology and Infection Control Services for the... department.
• To undertake laboratory work including advice regarding diagnostic samples, validation and interpretation of results and involvement in agreeing policies and procedures for the examination of samples.
• To participate in the diagnosis and management of individual patients by liaison with patients, clinicians and other hospital and community staff.
• To be involved in business planning, introduction of new methods and forward planning for staff and equipment.
• To regularly and systematically review all departmental policies, SOPs and protocols in line with Trust policy on document control and risk management strategy.
• To maintain effective communication and engagement with clinical colleagues and other service users, including consultants in communicable disease control and health protection.
• To advise on Infection control issues in conjunction with microbiology and infection control nursing colleagues.
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provides hospital and community health care . We serve a wide geographical area with a population approaching 800,000 residents. We deliver care services from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals, high street clinics and in patients’ own homes. We have nearly 10,000 staff, with an annual budget of over £650 million. We are the largest NHS organisation in the East Anglia.
We are building for better care with an exciting capital development programme across our sites – totalling £100million over the next five years.
We would like you to help us provide the best care and experience for the communities we serve in east Suffolk and north Essex. You can find out more about us on our website.
We are committed to being a great place to work, and great place to train and a great place to receive care. As a large organisation we offer exciting opportunities for development, innovation, research, education and training.
We have a simple philosophy: Time Matters. Time matters for our patients, their families and our staff. By focusing on time, we can remove unnecessary stress and frustration – giving our patients a better experience and to make sure you have more time to care and make the most of your skills.
For further details / informal visits contact: Name: Dr Luke Bedford Job title: Clinical Speciality lead for Microbiology Email address: [email protected] Telephone number: 01473 704010
Jobs in Ipswich United Kingdom
Consultant in Microbiology/Infectious Diseases Ipswich jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.