YouGov Mexico City CDMX Mexico
2 months ago
YouGov is an international market research and data analytics group.
Our mission is to supply a continuous stream of accurate data and insight into what the world thinks, so that companies, governments and institutions can better serve the people and communities that sustain them.
We have the best data and the best tools. We continuously challenge conventional approaches to research, and we disrupt our industry to ensure that our clients always get the best solutions.
We are driven by a set of shared values. We are fast, fearless and innovative. We work diligently to get it right. We are guided by accuracy, ethics and proven methodologies. We respect and trust each other, and bring these values into everything that we do.
Each day, our highly engaged proprietary global panel of over 15 million people provides us with thousands of data points on consumer opinions, attitudes and behaviours. We combine this continuous stream of data with our research expertise to... provide insights that enable intelligent decision-making and informed conversations.
With operations in the UK, North America, Mainland Europe, the Nordics, the Middle East, India and Asia Pacific, YouGov has one of the world’s largest research networks.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to YouGov. We are committed to giving the world a voice by capturing the opinions of all groups, including the ones that are often under-represented in research. We are also committed to making sure that our products and tools are free from any bias, as accuracy is key to what we do. None of the above can be done without having a truly diverse workforce, in an inclusive workplace. We are very keen on attracting and retaining the best talent. And best talent also means a diverse pool of talent, with various backgrounds and perspectives.
Supporting the wellbeing of our staff, including maintaining a good work and life balance, is important to us. We support flexible working arrangements where appropriate for a role, with many locations offering a hybrid office-and-remote working approach.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of occupational qualifications, merit, and business need.
Detailed review and GL account reconciliation of current and deferred tax on a monthly basis, with explanations and corrective action taken for any discrepancies.
• Posting the monthly current and deferred tax accounting entries
• Working closely with the CENX team to advise on the correct accounting treatment of tax cash (payments and refunds)
• Monthly calculation of deferred tax adjustments ie deferred tax on intangible fixed assets
• Review of withholding tax accounting, and quarterly reconciliation of withholding tax GL accounts
• Liaising with overseas tax accountants as required to confirm local accounting treatment versus IFRS and other matters required to understand the regional tax accounting entries
• Track, review and update the treatment of deferred tax on losses at the end of each quarter
• Ensure that tax returns as completed by external advisors are filed with the tax authorities on time in each jurisdiction
• Maintain control of the tax compliance tracker and highlight in advance when returns are coming due
• Ensuring that tax payments are made in accordance with payment deadlines
Half Yearly & Annual Reporting
• Review the group tax model to ensure that the calculation of the year-end current and deferred tax position is correct in readiness for the year-end Audit
• Liaise with the external consultants to provide data and clarify and resolve any matters that may arise regarding the model to ensure the integrity of the calculations
• Prepare the current and deferred tax disclosures for the Annual Report using the Group tax model outputs
• Provide the year-end accounting journals to the Group Accounting team by legal entity for both current and deferred tax
• Assist internal and external auditors with tax audit requests
• Manage updates to the transfer pricing model each quarter and ensure invoicing across Group entities is processed accurately and in accordance with month-end deadlines
• Document tax accounting processes and use to drive consistency across the Group entities.
• Other ad hoc tasks as required
• Qualified ACA (or equivalent) from a Top 20 accountancy firm
• 3+ years of progressive experience in a tax accounting role
• Excellent understanding of corporate tax accounting
• Experience and understanding of accounting for deferred tax
• Experience of Netsuite desirable but not essential
• Experience working in a global company
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Excellent written, oral and electronic communication skills
• Strong excel skills (e.g. V-Lookup, Pivot Tables, Sum if, etc.)
To find out how we collect and use your personal data when you apply for a role at YouGov, please read our privacy notice at https://jobs.yougov.com/privacy
Mexico City CDMX Mexico
Jobs in Mexico City CDMX Mexico
Senior Accountant - Group Tax Mexico City jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.