Raytheon Technologies Salford United Kingdom
2 months ago
Home - Glenrothes, Queensway Industrial Estate, Glenrothes, Fife, KY7 5PY
Position Role Type:
Summary of Role:
Within the Weapons and Sensors (W&S) Business Area, one of the largest operating areas within the Raytheon UK business, the dynamic Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) team are an integral part of the Supply Chain team. The Team are involved in several exciting and high-profile programmes and accountable for partnering and ensuring the supply chain can deliver zero defects parts / products, overcome challenges within the supply chain and bring material & services into Raytheon safeguarding continuity of supply, to the highest quality and deliver on time.
Reporting to the Assoc Director W&S SCM, for the W&S business area, the SQA Manager shall be responsible for delivering Supplier Quality Assurance in line with the Quality Management System and Quality Policy across the W&S business unit. The SQA Manager and... the team shall also be an integrated part of the SCM organisation and aligned to the respective Commodity Teams.
Working as part of a SQA Team, conducting day to day activities whilst engaging with key stakeholders across Production and the Commodity teams.
The SQA Manager is responsible for representing RSL and RSL customers' best interests, by assuring Supplier quality for both product and service. The SQA Manager is a critical part of the team working at key subcontract and suppliers. The SQA Manager's role includes execution of Supplier Assessments (RESA), First Article Inspection validation, problem resolution, and maturing the supplier's ability to meet all conformance and compliance requirements. The SQA Manager shall be accountable for ensuring that Supplier Quality continues to develop and implement best practice that emphasise defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide for continuous improvements and continue to meet quality standards required to minimise quality costs and maximise customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered.
At Raytheon UK (RSL), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach and yours as a RSL employee.
If you think you have what it takes and want to join a dynamic organisation, then read on!
Main Duties (Leading and/or Supporting):
- Creation and implementation of the Supplier Quality Strategy for RSL, addressing:
- Liaision with Raytheon corporate to utilise common tools and policies
- Standardisation of the supplier audit process, utilising the RESA toolset
- Align Raytheon UK process to meet the requirements of 243-RP for all sites
- Prior to the award of the contract the SQA Manager shall work with the program to determine the full Scope of Work (SOW) to be executed by the subcontractor/supplier.
- From the Scope of Work (SOW), the SQA Manager shall develop a detailed quality plan utilizing a fully exploded Bill of Material (BOM) and Technical Data Package (TDP) including Quality notes (Q-notes) identifying:
- Certificate of Compliance (CofC) Commercial off the Shelf components (COTS) components
- Components built with the use of Raytheon Special Manufacturing Processes (SMP)
- Components with electrical test criteria
- Components requiring First Article Inspection and verification
- Special Process certification schedule and associated RESA plan
- Manage Raytheon Engineering concurrence of Technical data package(TDP) to Subcontractor/supplier's Manufacturing Data Package
- Interprets the Q-notes and quality requirements to ensure subcontractor/supplier understanding
- Assesses subcontractor/supplier quality capabilities throughout the program life cycle.
- Ensure, manage and verify containment, correction and control of escape from compliance and conformity
- Status SQ management on subcontract quality plan performance, schedule and opportunities
- Perform metrics-based decision making, analysis, and prediction of future program performance
- Ensure flow down of Product requirements both internally and to suppliers including sub-tier suppliers
- Analyse, interpret, trend and execute improvements on key product KPIs
- Ensure proper investigations are performed prior to closure of issues
- Ensure the Quality Management System processes and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contracts.
- Participate within Quality Working Groups to diagnose and mitigate product non-conformities identified internally and externally.
- Perform quality escape management procedures, root cause analysis, and recommend corrective / preventive actions via a Management Review Board (MRB) for design problems for internally produced products & processes.Create and modify Quality Plans for application to subassemblies and major assemblies.
- Analyse Quality data and manufacturing processes to drive continuous improvement and preventative action initiatives to reduce quality costs, through the implementation of mistake proofing.
- Demonstrate product knowledge within area of focus including product intent and installation methods within customer platforms.
- Interface with shop floor assemblers and support staff, with multiple levels of leadership, as well as with the customer.
- Utilise statistical data to monitor process stability and develop sampling plans.
- Prepare and present reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising data then presenting recommendations.
- Evaluates the challenges faced by the organisation and the supply chains and takes action to mitigate risks and to develop opportunities
- Executes to customer requirements including government regulations, public law and Raytheon policies and procedures.
- Establishes and manages supplier relationships to include supplier continuous improvement/development goals.
- Supporting the Commodity teams with development of Commodity Strategies, Agreements / KPIs
- Participates in supplier assessments and supplier development activity teams, including the administration of appropriate due diligence activity
- Strong leadership and experience of managing teams
- Coach and Mentor team
- Able to perform effectively in a Integrated Project Team (IPT)
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Experience of problem solving and resolution
- Excellent IT skills and navigate though Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Email applications
- Good presentation skills
- Good business / commercial acumen
- Familiar with AS9100 (QMS), AS9145 & AS9102 (FAI) processes
- Familiar, experience and implementation of APQP / PPAP methodologies and ensure robust flow down and control of critical design features within the supply chain.
- Good general knowledge of industry technical standards (such as ANSI, CMMI, ASTM, etc.)
- Knowledge of RCCA (Root Cause Corrective Action) methods
- Good understanding of Lean and six sigma Principles
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
- Negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the Supplier Quality strategy.
- Assist in the supplier approval process by assessing manufacturing / technology capabilities and Health, Safety and Environmental risks.
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements.
- This role will require travel both domestic and internationally
- BSc / MBA / B.Eng / M.Eng / MSc / CQI / IRCA Certified and/or equivalent
- Experience in working within Integrated Commodity environments.
- Mechanical, Electronics, Interconnects, Magnetics, PCA/PCB & OEM experience
- Experience or knowledge of SAP and Power BI tools
- Experience of working with Suppliers & Subcontractors (UK, European & International)
- Experience within Aero / Defence industry
- Six Sigma Expert certification (black belt) or higher
- Lead Auditor Qualification
About Raytheon UKWith facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
The Cyber, Space & Training business, consists of four mission areas: National Security Cyber; Space & Airborne; Command, Control, Computers & Intelligence (C4I); and Training. Cyber, Space & Training provides our customers unrivalled technical and training services spanning all domains across a wide range of customers.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses - Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme's.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant 'Gold Award' Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link (http://www.rtx.com/privacy/Job-Applicant-Privacy-Notice) to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class
Jobs in Salford United Kingdom
Supplier Quality Assurance Manager Salford jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.