Kerry Ossett United Kingdom
2 months ago
Kerry Group’s UK & Ireland dairy related business includes Dairy Ingredients, Dairy Nutritional Ingredients, Dairy Consumer Foods, and Agribusiness. With a revenue in excess of €1bn per year, it is one of the world’s leading dairy businesses. With our strong dairy heritage and deep-rooted connection to our 3,000 milk suppliers, right through to our portfolio of innovative and high-quality brands, the dairy business has a unique and compelling proposition for both consumers and our customers.
Our dairy business has a diversified portfolio of dairy, nutritional ingredients and market leading dairy brands and its vertically integrated dairy processing ensures the highest quality, sustainably produced 1.2bn litres of milk for our dairy, nutritional ingredients, and consumer foods business – a key consideration among some of our largest customers across the globe.
We have an unrivalled dairy consumer brands portfolio coupled with a track record in innovation underpinned by... technology and science. We manufacture and market our own leading butter, dairy, and plant spreads brands: Dairygold, Low Low, Pure and Golden Cow. We are the largest supplier of Private Label dairy spreads, supplying all major retailers in Ireland, the UK and mainland Europe. Our cheese brands compete in children’s cheese snacks (Attack-a-Snak), natural cheese (block, slices and grated), and in processed cheese segments and our leading cheese brands include Strings & Things, Coleraine, and Charleville Cheese. Through our multi-geographical presence (UK, Ireland, and Western Europe) we have a deep consumer insight which is a key component of the business.
About The Role
We are recruiting for Quality Assurance Technician to join our Technical Team in Kerry Dairy Consumer Foods in Ossett, Wakefield!
Are you working in a quality & compliance role closely with retailers in fast peace environment? Do you have experience of working in a large volume manufacturer? Experienced in managing sampling schedule and leading taste panel? This is a junior to mid-level position to be part of a small but busy and compact team, it is a diverse role that will give you exposure to many aspects of the internal technical team but also to our external stakeholders and customers.
• Carry out internal audits of the Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental Management Systems to verify compliance against defined standards and codes of practice in accordance with the internal audit programme.
• Perform factory based Good Manufacturing Practice audits to verify compliance against internal standards and procedures, codes of practice and product specifications.
• Process Plant Validations and Hygiene Audits
• Carry out internal audits Traceability and Mass Balance Internal Audits in accordance with the internal audit programme.
• Management and organisation of the site sampling schedule for raw materials, finished products, swabs, and water.
• Collecting, logging and shipping of samples to the lab. Monitoring and trending results and investigating out of spec results.
• Management & creation of Purchase Orders for laboratory use.
• Hold & Release of positive release stock as required and defined by schedule
• Management of the site Management, End of Life and Benchmark Taste Panel according to the schedule. Recording and trending of results and investigating out of specification results within the factory.
• Ordering technical consumable materials or items as required.
• Sampling as required.
Qualifications And Skills
• Clear Communicator both verbal and written
• Proficient in the use of MS Office tools.
• Attention to detail
• Problem solving / questioning nature
• Technical aptitude
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Dedicated to driving improvement and raising standards
• Team player.
• Diploma / Degree level qualification preferable in – Food Science / Food Technology or related subject – advantage but not necessary
• Basic Food Hygiene Certificate – advantage but full training will be provided
• Auditing Experience – advantage however full training will be provided
• Understanding of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems
• Knowledge of the BRC Global
• Food Standard and specific customer standards as they apply.
• Knowledge of H&S Policies and Procedures
Whilst experience is important, finding the right person who will live and breathe our Kerry Dairy Consumer Foods Values is something we’re super passionate about. Kerry DFC hasn’t been built on luck. We’ve got to where we are today by being Courageous, On It and Forward Looking.
So if you’re looking to build a lasting career within an Open Minded company that allows it’s people to take Ownership’ of everything they do, Kerry DFC needs you! Come and join us and help us be Better Together
Quality Assurance Technician Ossett jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.