Greensky Games Montreal Canada
2 months ago
About Greensky Games
Greensky Games build the kind of VR games we believe will define the platform: intense, physical, flow-state inducing.
Our first title, SWARM, is the #1-rated Action title on the Quest:
We're working on our next game and looking for great developers and artists that share our passion for building original and outstanding VR gameplay experiences.
Are you a trailblazer in the gaming industry, eager to take on a new challenge? Greensky Games is seeking a driven individual to join our team and help push the boundaries of virtual reality gaming. Come be a part of an exciting journey as we lead the charge in making VR a mainstream experience for players.
We are seeking a highly creative and experienced Level Designer to join our team and help us create immersive and engaging VR game experiences. As a Level Designer, you will be responsible for designing and... building levels that provide players with an exciting and challenging gameplay experience.
• Greensky Games is a work-from-home studio and will always support that option
• Annual team offsite, somewhere warm
• Competitive salaries
• 5 weeks paid vacation, and we observe all major holidays
• Extensive healthcare benefits package covering dental care, prescriptions, and more for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and children
• The annual base pay range for this role is between $60,000.00 and $110,000.00 CAD + benefits, + profit-sharing.
Call of Duties:
• Design and create levels that are visually stunning, engaging, and fun to play
• Use level editing software to build and test levels
• Work closely with the development team to ensure levels are optimized for performance and meet technical requirements
• Collaborate with the art, design, and programming teams to create cohesive game experiences
• Continuously iterate and improve levels based on player feedback and testing results
If you don’t meet all of the qualifications, but you're convinced you can do this job, WE WANT TO TALK TO YOU, PLEASE APPLY. We’ve just written these qualifications as a guideline, we don't require college degrees and welcome people who’ve had non-linear career paths. Just include a few short sentences (less than 5) about why you’d be a good fit, and apply with the email at the bottom of this JD.
• 2+ years of experience in level design for VR games or other immersive experiences
• Strong understanding of level design principles and techniques
• Solid technical knowledge of game editors, with a good understanding of scripting
• Strong skills in 3D modelling and level layout
• Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with other team members
• Passion for VR and a desire to create innovative and engaging experiences
• A portfolio of level design work that demonstrates your skills and experience
• Experience with Oculus Quest and other VR headsets
• Experience working at an indie studio
• You are drawn to challenges, willing to climb Mount Everest with our team and wont stop till we all reach the top together (in VR of course)
Ready to go back to the future?
You have a hunger for gaming and a thirst for creating that needs to be fulfilled. You want to work with our unique and quirky team creating groundbreaking games. You are a problem-solver at heart with a verve for bringing creative projects to life.
At Greensky Games, we believe in operating with integrity, treating all individuals with dignity and respect, and fostering a culture of growth and excellence. As a company, we value transparency and make it a priority to always choose what is right over what is easy. We are committed to building a workplace that supports diversity and inclusivity and we do not discriminate on the basis of anything.
We welcome you to be a part of our mission as we create the next wave in gaming experiences. Together we will strive not only to win but to grow as individuals and as a team. Join us and embark on a journey of growth, learning, and exciting new challenges.
For the right candidates within Canada, we may offer to cover relocation expenses.
If you want to work with us and don't see a role that fits, we still want to hear from you! Shoot us an email: jobs @greensky.games
In order to embark on this journey with us we kindly ask that you take 30 seconds of your time and apply though this link to the Ashby Job posting:
Only applications submitted through the link will be considered for the position. Thank you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$110,000.00 per year
• Company events
• Dental care
• Extended health care
• Paid time off
• Profit sharing
• Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
• French not required
• Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Montréal, QC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
• We do not monitor Indeed for job applications - please apply via the Ashby link on the bottom of the JD.
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Montréal, QC
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.