Rosebank College Eastern Cape South Africa
2 months ago
Nelson Mandela Bay
Direct Reporting Line:
To teach / lecture an agreed number of hours based on module specialisation requirements. To engage and prepare students for assessments by tracking module pacers, identifying and supporting at risk students, managing general student administrative support, and developing assessments by engaging with the Central Academic Team. Assisting the Programme Coordinator in tracking and analysing of academic results to evaluate the performance of the module and to identify “at risk modules”.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver lectures and engage students (30 hours per week) based on module-specific requirements in line with module pacers.
• Manage resources including academic materials and liaising with the Information Centre.
• Update learning management system and provide feedback to students.
• Engage and prepare students for assessments, identify at risk students, and develop... assessments in accordance with Central Academic Team briefings.
• Monitor student engagement as well as assessment submission with relevant escalation.
• Attend and participate in academic meetings across all faculties.
• Reflect on, review, and analyse student module result.
• Support the monitoring of at-risk student in modules assigned to lecture.
• Academic Professional Development: complete a set number of academic professional development interventions per academic cycle (one year) that contribute to the improvement of the Brand’s Teaching-Learning practice and personal professional academic status.
• Minimum - Honours Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or Computer Science
• Ideal - NQF level 8 qualification in Education (PGDHE or equivalent); Training and Development an added advantage.
• 1 to 3 years of industry-specific experience in area of specialisation
• Relevant lecturing experience
• Solid understanding of the South African Further Education and Higher Education environment and regulatory framework
• Teaching-Learning theory
• Assessment methods and processes
• Teaching-learning interventions
• Holistic lecturer and student support services.
The ideal individual
• We are looking for a passionate professional with thorough knowledge and understanding of:
• The South African Further Education and Higher Education Environment and regulatory framework.
• Teaching and learning theory.
• Student, lecturer, course, and institutional evaluations.
• Outcome based education.
• Teaching and learning interventions
• Holistic lecturer and student support services
• No Criminal record
• No MIE listing in respect of arrears / outstanding fees to any educational facilities
Eastern Cape South Africa
Jobs in Eastern Cape South Africa
LECTURER - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR) Eastern Cape jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.