crooton Aylesbury United Kingdom
2 months ago
Police Custody Detention Officers
We’re thrilled to be recruiting on behalf of Thames Valley Police and bring to you this exciting opportunity to join their force as a Police Custody Detention Officer.
Working as part of a team in support of custody Sergeants, Detention Officers carry out a multi-functional role within very busy custody units. You will be the first point of contact providing a high standard of care for people who are detained by the police.
Don’t be put off by the police documentaries you may see on TV, there may be challenging behaviour but this is not constant. Your day will always vary, and what you do as a Detention Officer will make a huge difference in someone’s life.
Thames Valley Police are currently recruiting in the following areas Aylesbury, Milton Keynes, Abingdon, Banbury, Lodden Valley and Maidenhead.
Custody staff are supervised locally by custody sergeants and dedicated custody inspectors.
Key Duties And Responsibilities To Include
•... Ensuring that persons in police detention are afforded their rights and entitlements and are cared for and treated ethically and in accordance with legislation and Home Office rules.
• The reception of police detainees involving the creation of computer records to book persons into police custody and the recording of actions and activities during detention.
• Ensuring the welfare needs of detainees are met through the development and implementation of a care plan.
• Monitoring multiple detainees and responding to individual needs.
• Taking fingerprints, DNA and photographs of detainees.
• Maintenance of custody, including safety checks and cleanliness of the facility.
What will I need…?
Key Skills, Knowledge, And Experience Required
Successful candidates will be able to display the following:
• Candidates will need to consider themselves physically fit enough to pass a medical assessment which will include a fitness ‘bleep’ test
• An updated CV with past and present work history, detailing any gaps of employment
• English Language/Literature GCSE (Grade 9-4/A-C) or equivalent qualification or similar professional experience
• An ability to work under pressure.
• Resilience and flexibility along with patience and compassion.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• An ability to treat individuals fairly, regardless of circumstance.
• An ability to work as part of a team.
• An eye for detail. A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar computer packages.
Detention Officers are expected to work within a shift pattern, including nights and weekends.
The ability to travel independently to other custody suites within Thames Valley Police is essential, as you may be expected at times to travel to other custody stations to cover staff abstractions. The application process will include an interview (Held Throughout the Year) as well as medical and fitness assessments.
Interviews may take place remotely via Microsoft Teams; further details will be provided if you are shortlisted.
Fully paid training to carry out the role will be provided.
Successful candidates will complete a five-week training programme followed by a period of mentoring in the workplace.
In return the force can offer...
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Access to the Blue Light Card scheme
• Free access to force gyms
• Cycle to work scheme
If you feel you have the skills and aptitude to be able to perform this key role, please apply now! Job Reference: CTNET2288
Job title: Police CustodyDetention Officer
Hours: Detention Officers are expected to work within a shift pattern, including nights and weekends across rotating shift pattern.
Starting salary: Starting salary £32,320 per annum inclusive of shift allowance
Locations available: Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire & Berkshire
Jobs in Aylesbury United Kingdom
Detention Officer Aylesbury jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.