Municipal World Wilmot Canada
2 months ago
The Township of Wilmot is a progressive, rural, lower tier municipality in the Region of Waterloo. Our population is 22,000 with an expectation to grow to 28,500 by 2031. We are nestled along the banks of the Nith River and are located just east of Kitchener-Waterloo.
The majority of our residents live in the towns of New Hamburg and Baden and the smaller communities of St. Agatha, Petersburg, Mannheim, New Dundee, Philipsburg, Shingletown, Wilmot Centre, Haysville, Luxemburg, Lisbon, Sunfish Lake and Foxboro Green.
Comprised of rolling farmland, quaint villages and bustling towns, Wilmot Township is a popular destination to live, work, play and invest.
Inspire our Future
Reporting to the CAO, the Director of Community Services is as an essential member of our Corporate Leadership Team. In this key role you will be responsible for the planning, administration, operation and maintenance of all Township municipal parks, trails, facilities, forestry, recreational programming, cultural... programming including Museum services.
As our Director, you will provide vision and leadership to business operations, financial management and the development of short and long-term Community Services strategies to support the growth of our community. This includes maintaining our Parks, Facilities and Recreation Services master plan while ensuring effectiveness of policies, procedures, quality management practices and optimal services levels to support effective operations of all programs within your department and promoting active and healthy lifestyles in the community. In addition, you will liaise with community organizations and stakeholders on related community service issues and projects.
Your ideal Professional Qualifications will include:
• Education: A degree in Recreation Administration or other related
• Management: Substantial experience in parks and recreation management, with considerable related experience at a management level in a multi-function municipal government
• Recreation and Culture: Extensive knowledge of the philosophies, principles, and practices of community recreation and cultural service delivery including related marketing and public relations strategies and
• People Leadership: Ability to effectively lead, coach, and inspire
• Relationships: Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships with representatives of cultural and recreational groups, business, the public, Township staff and Council.
• Finance and Contracts: Thorough knowledge and experience in short and long term capital and operational budget preparation and management, plus contract
• Communications and Interpersonal: Exceptional interpersonal, communication, presentation, facilitation, public relations, negotiation, problem solving, and decision making
How to Apply
To explore this opportunity please apply online via email by April 18, 2023 to [email protected] quoting project WM--DC in the subject line. Should you wish to receive a detailed information package please contact Amy Oliveira at 416-214-9299 x4, [email protected] or Jon Stungevicius at 416-214-9299 x1, [email protected].
The Township of Wilmot is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. Information is collected for the purpose of job selection under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. All applications will be held in strict confidence. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Director of Community Services Wilmot jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.